Sign in to follow this  
canadiantree

RTX 3090 benchmarks are coming in - 20% faster than 3080

Not sure how credible this benchmark is, seems legit:

GK957Ib.jpg

Source:

• Like 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

Will definately wait for the 3090!

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

34 minutes ago, canadiantree said:

GK957Ib.jpg

I don't think it's very legit (which in fairness the creator acknowledges). He is just increasing all 3080 benchmarks by 20% as apparantly thats approximatly how much faster the 3090 will be. But also that will depend on each game. And for MSFS it would be hard to know how much faster the 3090 will be because at this point MSFS is CPU limited. It might well be 20% or it might be only 10%. Let's wait and see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

I don't think it's very legit (which in fairness the creator acknowledges). He is just increasing all 3080 benchmarks by 20% as apparantly thats approximatly how much faster the 3090 will be. But also that will depend on each game. And for MSFS it would be hard to know how much faster the 3090 will be because at this point MSFS is CPU limited. It might well be 20% or it might be only 10%. Let's wait and see.

Anyway, $800 more for 20% more performance sounds bit odd. Cannot imagen that 14 GB more VRAM are $more than $200 in production.

4 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

And for MSFS it would be hard to know how much faster the 3090 will be because at this point MSFS is CPU limited. I

Is it really? My CPU sits at around 25-30% running MSFS while the GPU is around 80% load.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Is it really? My CPU sits at around 25-30% running MSFS while the GPU is around 80% load.

That's a perfect profile. Check your cores and you will see a few of them are loaded much higher. 30% is just the average load.

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Only in 4K most MSFS users are not running 4K by looks of it, and if you don`t have a 4K monitor you will have to upgrade to get the benefit more hardware cost.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

3090 it is, then. Poor, poor wallet. 🤪

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

23 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

That's a perfect profile. Check your cores and you will see a few of them are loaded much higher. 30% is just the average load.

Ok, i'm no pro. So with ongoing optimization we can expect better CPU usage overall?

I would still wait 3 3000 cards releasing less than half the cards in the pipe line, and Partner cards will be tweaked more as they catch up with the new GPU, it could be months before the supple hit`s normal then the price will be down to web suppliers to compete on price to get your order.

I don`t think it will be any better for AMD and could be worse they don`t have the manufacturing numbers of the others, the game consoles will have a priority at the moment.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

27 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Anyway, $800 more for 20% more performance sounds bit odd. Cannot imagen that 14 GB more VRAM are $more than $200 in production.

If the SLI works in the MFS, it would have more sense to buy 2 3080 and to have more performance at the same cost.

8 minutes ago, peloto said:

If the SLI works in the MFS, it would have more sense to buy 2 3080 and to have more performance at the same cost.

I have read that couple of times. How is this possible to insert 2 GPUs on the motherboard?

2 hours ago, canadiantree said:

GK957Ib.jpg

Source:

Why wouldn't it be legit? I would expect nothing less, indeed demand nothing less, of a card that alone will cost $1,800. I sure as hell hope it runs MSFS that fast.