UGCX replacement

14 minutes ago, keenrw said:

Hi

Has this replaced UGCX?

Thanks 

Rich 

Hi Rich,

Yes and No.

If you're using FSX and P3D and you're happy with UGCX, then you don't really need Pushback Express, unless maybe you just want a change of pace.  Some people just like having "new" things, and if that's you, then consider Pushback Express.

Pushback Express shares the same concept as UGCX, but the implementation is very very different and its feature set is a little bit different.  Pushback Express has almost no learning curve, compared to UGCX which has like 6 manuals.

Now, if you're using the new Microsoft Flight Simulator then Pushback Express is your only option.

Pushback Express will be our only pushback program for FS2020.

UGCX does not work in FS2020, and never will. 

The current SDKs for FS2020 are still very basic and nowhere near up to the task of managing such a complex product, not to mention that FS2020 is also completely different internally than P3D/FSX.

Assuming it could even be technically done, it would literally take years to direct port UGCX, which is an extremely complex program internally, into FS2020.

• Like 1

Pushback express, actually does more than just pushbacks, you can tow the plane almost anywhere, without depending on the airport layout. This is a totally different and more simple approach than UGCX. You don't need to preplan or spend time making a route, that's why its different to UGCX. However, we are planning that once the SDK allows us to make ramp agents in the sim, we will be placing them also in Pushbhack Express, and maybe more features (ground services). Most developers are tied to do many things due to SDK limitations.

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82
  • Like 1

spacer.png

The benefits from having it working without an airport layout is that, there is no issues reading default/3rd party scenery, you basicly drive the tug by doing left/right turns, also, by speeding/slowing down it. It's kinda free-style pushback/towing feature. This is off course an starting point, we will be adding ramp agents, and also more, as per the SDK gives us the opportunity too.

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

That's very true.

Not being dependent on reading airport scenery (which is currently impossible in FS2020/MSFS) is a huge plus for Pushback Express.

We have a very large user base now, and we basically have almost no support issues.

Why?  Because we don't have to deal with all those crazy 3rd party developers who do weird stuff when they make their sceneries 😉

Are u planning on adding a custom pushback option like in UGCX? Reason is I can think it could add to the workload while you are doing your check lists ...starting the Engines... and having to control the pushback as well etc , it's the only feature missing that would make it a instant buy for me , in UGCX I can plot the push back route then concentrate on running the check lists etc .

Thanks 

Rich

ugcx_banner.png

2 hours ago, keenrw said:

Are u planning on adding a custom pushback option like in UGCX? Reason is I can think it could add to the workload while you are doing your check lists ...starting the Engines... and having to control the pushback as well etc , it's the only feature missing that would make it a instant buy for me , in UGCX I can plot the push back route then concentrate on running the check lists etc .

Thanks 

Rich

Hi Rich,

Closest thing to that at the moment "Distance" push mode... Basically you enter and distance and select if you want to go left or right.  Then Pushback Express drives the tug and you can sit in the cockpit.

But if you want to plot a complex a route using waypoints like you could in UGCX... it'll likely be possible at some point in the distant future.

As mentioned, the SDKs in FS2020 are very very basic.  It's going to take a long time for Asobo to get them to the point where we can do stuff like you suggest.

My guess is 12 months minimum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keenrw said:

Thanks 

Rich

Hey Rich,

In theory, we could be able to add waypoints, and maybe create a waypoints mode for pushback only. The problem is that now, it's a bit difficult on FS2020, the SDK barely has enough information for allow developers to manipulate the camera, as we were able with P3D. Once the SDK allow the camera position manipulation from an add-on, we could create a top-down view to add waypoints as we did on UGCX. Also, we need to move some coding for allow the control of the tug to follow the path. In theory, path following controlled by our program is possible without an airport layout, but again we need the FS2020 SDK to allow us to manipulate the cameras and know where it's located to then check if we can create a route.

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Thanks for the replies you two ... keep up the great work, really like your products.  A credit to the Flight sim community

Rich

ugcx_banner.png