Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

FlyByWire A32NX fix for the A320 #1 engine shutdown bug

Hi, the FlyByWire A32NX mod team appears to have created a temporary fix for the A320 where the #1 engine shuts down.  To use this fix, you will have to fly the FlyByWire A320 and not the default A320 in the game (so it's much more than a fix for the #1 engine shutdown bug because the FlyByWire A320 has many more features and differences than the default A320).

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Unfortunately this does not solve the issue fully. In a test flight, for 30 minutes all went well, and then the plane lost both engines, all electrics, avionics off, etc. etc. 

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

I tried it last night and it worked extremely well for me, no shutdown and so many more functions now are available, it's very promising..

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I have done 3 flights and zero problems. I notice they have added some cabin announcements when you hit the call button before takeoff and landing but the volume seems low. Also apparently you can call up a weather metar from NOAA from the FMC but I couldn't find it.

• Like 1

I get 404 on the second link. I'm assuming that the second one is the full version?

Is there a file to download on the first link?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

31 minutes ago, duckbilled said:

I get 404 on the second link. I'm assuming that the second one is the full version?

Is there a file to download on the first link?

Just go to their Github page and pull the files from the latest branch instead.

• Like 1

It's as clear as mud to me? Which is the latest branch? 

There's files everywhere.

I see the 020 release, does this not include the engine fix? Or do we have to amalgamate some new files into this?

Any help most welcome.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

2 hours ago, sanh said:

I have done 3 flights and zero problems. I notice they have added some cabin announcements when you hit the call button before takeoff and landing but the volume seems low. Also apparently you can call up a weather metar from NOAA from the FMC but I couldn't find it.

I think the idea is that the cockpit door is closed so you can hardly here the announcements. Would be good to have them as an option as already have them in Self-Loading Cargo program.

16 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

It's as clear as mud to me? Which is the latest branch? 

Stu

Master

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Just go to their Github page and pull the files from the latest branch instead.

Can someone make a pictured guide on how to do that? I haven't been able to get any other version than the release version on the gethub. It has a ui I'm never gonna get quite used to hehe 😄 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

10 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Can someone make a pictured guide on how to do that? I haven't been able to get any other version than the release version on the gethub. It has a ui I'm never gonna get quite used to hehe 😄 

Go to: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

Click the green code button and click Download ZIP. Unzip and paste the A32NX folder to your community folder. That's it 😄

Don't paste the a32nx-master folder. A32NX folder is inside a32nx-master.

Edited by HeLord
  • Like 1

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

37 minutes ago, HeLord said:

Go to: https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

Click the green code button and click Download ZIP. Unzip and paste the A32NX folder to your community folder. That's it 😄

Don't paste the a32nx-master folder. A32NX folder is inside a32nx-master.

Yes thats how I do it, but when people say they download "from a different branch" I get confused. What different branch?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 minute ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Yes thats how I do it, but when people say they download "from a different branch" I get confused. What different branch?

There is a so-called "stable" branch (version 0.2.0). That's an (now outdated) freeze of the "master" branch (the most current in-development version).

Their Github page has also a direct link to the version with the (partly) engine fix. (One has to read closely to notice.)

• Like 1

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

The link takes you to the Master branch. To download it you click the green code button on the right.

If you look to the right of the tag that says "Master" you will see a tag that says "9 Branches". Clicking on that gives you a list of all the active branches and tells you how many hours ago each was updated. It seems that in this case the Master branch is also the most recently updated, so you are good to just click the green "Code" button.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Hi Andreas. You got a lot of good responses here on how to download from the master branch.  I haven't downloaded the FlyByWire A32NX myself as I am waiting until it's more mature before I try it out (I'll probably wait another 3 to 4 months until I try it out).

Having said that, they have a Discord channel that you can go to and ask questions.  You can find the link to their Discord channel on the Github page. Alternatively, I copied their Discord link from the Github page so this is the invitation link to their Discord channel: https://discord.gg/UjzuHMU

So for anybody here who is confused and need a quicker answer, just join their Discord channel and you may find extra help and answers for your questions.