Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

Turbulence In storms

Hi all

Has anybody come across any level of turbulence in storm cells yet, I have only come across very mild bumps in storm cells

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Where are you all flying at to get turbulence? And are you using real/live weather?

I got nothing, no turbulence to speak of at all anywhere. MAYBE a slight bump here and there... and yes using live weather. No challenge at all. Even travelled to where moderate turbulence areas found in skyvector and nothing. Again, slight bumps once in a while. But yet winds were 20+ with gusts? Opened P3D and AS in same area and all bumpy as expected.

What happened to the up and down drafts, and turbulence? Did this break after fixing the winds? Seemed like we at least used to get great turbulence factors in Europe area where winds were working before the patch. Now it's like a google-earth simulator? I can take my hands off controls for like a minute and might start to get a slight bank left or right like it's some kind of canned effect. Ughhh.

I hope Asbobo didn't tune down (or turn OFF) the turbulence because gamers were complaining it was too hard or something. Let the gamers turn off real weather and set up perfect/clear conditions to sight see. We want IFR and .. turbulence! 🙂

Edited by KERNEL32

Flew through the storm over Atlanta 3 or so days ago. It was very bumpy, but according to the WXR (which is pretty rudimentary, since it seems to check all altitudes at once and doesn't attenuate) I was flying in purple / white conditions, and so I would have expected to get an aircraft overstress somewhere - but all it did was shake the plane a bit.

EDIT: I want to say that I wish DCS did a World-sized flight sim. Some of the thrill to simming for me is the risk that I can be punished for my mistakes. In DCS you earn crater-sized trophies for bad aeronautical decision making; a concept every other sim omits entirely, to my disappointment.

Edited by WestAir

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I was flying from Naples FL to Naval Air Station Pensacola FL after most of hurricane Sally passed through and got into winds in excess of 45 MPH and had to divert to KLRF. I was flying King Air with live weather. Wind speeds were estimated by a weather app at the time of flight. VERY bumpy ride but no aircraft stress to terminate MSFS.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

I too am experiencing little turbulence in storms. I just wonder if the new REX programme will fix this issue. 

Heres hoping it is the answer, although I am sure Asobo/Netblue will continue working on it.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Cloud turbulence is nonexistent. Only turbulence I ever experienced are from terrain. Can’t wait for a fix or for a real weather addon because it kills immersion. 

Some clouds I flew in had turbulences, some didn't.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

Also depending on conditions, the atmosphere can be pretty stable in the early morning with no turbulence but increases as the day goes on due to the sun heating the earth or instability in the atmosphere like when we see cumulus clouds building throughout the day. Can be smoother late at night as well due to the opposite effects mentioned earlier.

1 hour ago, KERNEL32 said:

Also depending on conditions, the atmosphere can be pretty stable in the early morning with no turbulence but increases as the day goes on due to the sun heating the earth or instability in the atmosphere like when we see cumulus clouds building throughout the day. Can be smoother late at night as well due to the opposite effects mentioned earlier.

While true, I think everyone present is discussing flight conditions inside visible convective activity.

You can fly through an anvil and maintain speed and altitude. That is a problem, imo.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.