Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

'Flying Buildings above Seattle'

HiThe other day - as usual Fiddling with the FSX Settings, Iturned Scenery Complexity to Ultra high (AT work right now, and don't remember the Exact Frase)Flying north from Tacoma Towards Seattle City, I saw in a Distance some Buildings resting in the sky above the City.I did not take any Pictures, as I didn't expect to be alone with this bug.Anyone else seen this??RegardsHenrik KorningBGGH

yep. When taking off from KSEA 34R/L, some of the tall buildings in downtown Seattle (and Bellevue across the lake) seem to pop up into the sky when you're halfway down the runway, and then drop down again as you get closer.After that, they stay put even if you fly away again and return later.

Hi MartinThanks for the Info.Didn't observe that it wil dissapear again. I will take a look at it tonight.RegardsHenrik

I thought I was the only one seeing things like that; however it does not happen everytime I start at KSEA. CarlDell E510- P4-3.4ghz, 2gram, 7600GS 256mb.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Henrik -I too see this situation. On take-off 34R at KSEA, near theend of the runway, the buidling are floating in the air.After a short time, pan-away and then back again, they areback on the ground.Strange.JerryG

Guest n1g

I have noticed some strange behaviour when I change settings within fsx and then return to a flight. If I make some major changes to scenery settings I always unload fsx and reload and go from there. I havent had any anomolies when I take this approach. Bob

Thanks Bob,Now that I recall, it's only after I make adjustments to some sliderswhile in the sim (don't recall which ones) that I see the flying buildings.JerryG

Bob,Good idea, never figured that could cause the problem. I have been doing so much tweaking I have seen some weird things happen. Anyway I went ahead and set up a "refresh" key and will see if that will eliminate having to restart FSX everytime I see "floaters" or change some sliders. Thanks,Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________