Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

New pushback express from fs2crew my opinion and question?

Spoiler

this addon was supposed to change the way we handle pushback, unfortunately for me it's a joke ... rudder control ??? the only acceptable mode is with arrows ... BUT, I thought they would implement a NEW pushback animation system, new tractor models, NO! all is the same from Asobo- animation is faulty, connection is jumpy, stiff turns, and generally not very professional. So far, the best pushback that is available is Better Pushback for xp .... brilliant in its simplicity and use - you set the target destination and you do not care about anything else, and you as a pilot have time to start the engines and other activities. A question for all of you on the forum, does anyone here have the knowledge and ability to do something like Better Pushback for MSFS ??? - amen 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janda said:

I thought they would implement a NEW pushback animation system, new tractor models, NO! all is the same from Asobo- animation is faulty, connection is jumpy, stiff turns, and generally not very professional

They are going to implement these, it says so in the product page, but this is going to occur down the line when the SDK is complete. I've bought it but not tried it yet, just about to. I'll be doing a review of it because I have experience of doing the real things lots of times, so I'll hopefully be able to comment on it in an interesting way.

Personally, I'd hope they can expand it to make it possible to actually drive the tug from a cab view, as that is quite a challenge in real life, so it would be fun to do it in a sim.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Right, I've

1 hour ago, janda said:

this addon was supposed to change the way we handle pushback, unfortunately for me it's a joke ... rudder control ??? the only acceptable mode is with arrows

Sorry, but I don't agree. The only really acceptable way if you want realism, is to switch to driving the tug yourself and steering it yourself. Particularly if A, you want to have some fun and B, you actually genuinely want to do a realistic pushback to the correct spot where these occur at the airport. Because on a real pushback, you push to a very specific point on the taxiway, whereby the nose wheel finishes up on something called the TRP (tug release point). It's there that you can stop and disconnect to tug (and bar). For many airport stands, the TRP is alongside the adjacent stand's centreline, but sometimes it can be a long way off, down a few taxiways to a specific TRP (watch a plane going off Stand 22 at EGCC if you want to see a long pushback to a TRP). So the only way you could accurately/realistically do that, is by driving the tug yourself, which this will let you do.

I've just had a bit of a go with it and although I wasn't expecting much and thought it might be limited by what could actually be done within the boundaries of the sim, I think within those limitations, it does a good job.

There are some things which are slightly incorrect if we were to be really nerdy and picky about it, for example the tug gets connected waaay sooner in real operations, the parking brake stays on whilst that it happening (as do the chocks for that matter), and you definitely are not 'okay to start the engines at your discretion' until you're clear of the stand and are over the road actually on the taxiway itself, to name but three, but I suspect these are sim limitations and in any case this may possibly be able to be tweaked anyway at a later date.

Personally, I think it adds a fair bit of realism to proceedings. And a bit of fun too. Will post a proper review soon on my channel, but in the interim, it's a nice enhancement if you like flying the bigger stuff and find that ATC controlling the push commands stuff annoying and would prefer something a bit more like the real deal.

Here's pic of a push to a correct TRP location off a stand at EGCC courtesy of Pushback Express, despite the markings being incorrect and the airport not looking too much like the real place. Where the blue tug has returned to which you can just make out next to a jetway, is the stand you start from.

Done this exact push loads of times with Air France and KLM 320s and 737s, so it's fun to be able to do it somewhat properly in the sim thanks to being able to properly control the tug:

DW4ufif.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

12 minutes ago, Chock said:

Right, I've

Sorry, but I don't agree. The only really acceptable way if you want realism, is to switch to driving the tug yourself and steering it yourself. Particularly if A, you want to have some fun and B, you actually genuinely want to do a realistic pushback to the correct spot where these occur at the airport. Because on a real pushback, you push to a very specific point on the taxiway, whereby the nose wheel finishes up on something called the TRP (tug release point). It's there that you can stop and disconnect to tug (and bar). For many airport stands, the TRP is alongside the adjacent stand's centreline, but sometimes it can be a long way off, down a few taxiways to a specific TRP (watch a plane going off Stand 22 at EGCC if you want to see a long pushback to a TRP). So the only way you could accurately/realistically do that, is by driving the tug yourself, which this will let you do.

I've just had a bit of a go with it and although I wasn't expecting much and thought it might be limited by what could actually be done within the boundaries of the sim, I think within those limitations, it does a good job.

There are some things which are slightly incorrect if we were to be really nerdy and picky about it, for example the tug gets connected waaay sooner in real operations, the parking brake stays on whilst that it happening (as do the chocks for that matter), and you definitely are not 'okay to start the engines at your discretion' until you're clear of the stand and are over the road actually on the taxiway itself, to name but three, but I suspect these are sim limitations and in any case this may possibly be able to be tweaked anyway at a later date.

Personally, I think it adds a fair bit of realism to proceedings. And a bit of fun too. Will post a proper review soon on my channel, but in the interim, it's a nice enhancement if you like flying the bigger stuff and find that ATC controlling the push commands stuff annoying and would prefer something a bit more like the real deal.

Here's pic of a push to a correct TRP location off a stand at EGCC courtesy of Pushback Express, despite the markings being incorrect and the airport not looking too much like the real place. Where the blue tug has returned to which you can just make out next to a jetway, is the stand you start from.

Done this exact push loads of times with Air France and KLM 320s and 737s, so it's fun to be able to do it somewhat properly in the sim thanks to being able to properly control the tug:

DW4ufif.png

I meannig only acceptable  arrows keys from these 3 methods in this addon...  Better pushback for xp is still the best solution in this matter..

I`m sure, there is somebody to make it this way for new FS....  

• Upvote 1

So basically paying 25euros for something very similar to Better Pushback in XPlane which is open sourced and free, sorry but this is ridiculous. If they said something like 10euros, I would be like even that is expensive but why not I will get invest, but 25euros! I am not really sure what is going with 3rd party landscape nowadays. 

And honestly, I don't think the current pushback is bad either that needs an addone 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

35 minutes ago, Chock said:

A big issue for me is that the tug car is not showing up, like in your picture. In the manual, you're supposed to wait several seconds until the *default* tug arrives and connects to the aircraft, but regretfully this is not happening here, as the aircraft begins to move back without the tug car. Needless to say, this is disapointing.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Doh! just bought it against my cardinal rule of not being an early adopter! Didnt realize it doesnt have an actual tug!

Edit: just tried, and it had a tug...

Edited by UAL4life

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Personally, I'd hope they can expand it to make it possible to actually drive the tug from a cab view, as that is quite a challenge in real life, so it would be fun to do it in a sim

Thats a pretty cool idea 🙂

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

17 minutes ago, edpatino said:

A big issue for me is that the tug car is not showing up

See my reply in the other thread for a suggestion regarding that.

Alan Bradbury

11 minutes ago, Chock said:

See my reply in the other thread for a suggestion regarding that.

Yup, I saw it, thanks, but regretfully with a medium density setting for airport vehicles it's still not showing. I normally have it set to "Minimum", and moved it one notch to the right, but still the tug cars seems to be gone.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Oh well, was worth a shot. Must be the new F-117 tugs that Trepel developed at Groom Lake. 🤣

I should think the dev will be on it with a fix before long, he normally is.

Alan Bradbury

Yes, I expect that too (from the dev, not from the F117). Probably they should get rid of the default truck and design one on their own, which eventually could be repainted in several liveries. 
Thanks for your suggestion, it was worth trying.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

If I remember correctly, the Ariane Boeings let you drive the tug yourself. 

This, OTOH, looks like a quick grab  for simmers' money. The above interface looks ugly. 

Glad i saw this thread I was tempted to get it . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

6 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

If I remember correctly, the Ariane Boeings let you drive the tug yourself. 

This, OTOH, looks like a quick grab  for simmers' money. The above interface looks ugly. 

It's simple and functional and you can minimise it if you want to. there is a setting to keep it on top of the application though, which is what I was using in those screenshots because I was checking it out. Having said that, a GUI is something which can literally be knocked up in minutes, so it could well change, but part of its appearance is to give it room for additional icons to be added as it develops.

It's as well to be aware with this add-on, that the developer is saying that it is definitely one which will grow and expand as the SDK for MSFS becomes more stable in terms of what can be used for development with a long-term eye on stability. Worth noting too that if you are a previous FS2Crew customer, you get a fiver off the price, making it 19.95, which for a usable add-on that works with several flight sims and which will apparently get a lot of upgrades too, is a not bad price, if you use more than one flight sim.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury