Sign in to follow this  
raknal

Live weather in saved flight

I am unable to find a solution to the following, maybe there isn't one, but the issue is

When saving a flight and returning to the flight after restarting the sim, the weather defaults back to not live. Is there any work around for this?

Raknal

Richard Mawkes

Intel Core i7 7700 4.2GHz, , Kingston Hyper Fury Black 16GB 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Geforce GTX 1070  8GB Dual Fan edition

29 minutes ago, raknal said:

I am unable to find a solution to the following, maybe there isn't one, but the issue is

When saving a flight and returning to the flight after restarting the sim, the weather defaults back to not live. Is there any work around for this?

Raknal

Not understanding.  How can live weather be saved?  If you reload it later it is historical weather.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The weather mode (live) should be saved in the flight file (and it is), and appropriately returned to that mode when loading the flight file (not working).  Once you load a .FLT file, all wx/flight parameters are unavailable, so returning to the proper mode it saved in is important.  I'd suggest a zendesk report.  I'm sure it will be fixed soon if reported enough times.

• Like 1

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I have no more clouds when I load a saved flight which was saved before the latest patch

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

31 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Not understanding.  How can live weather be saved?  If you reload it later it is historical weather.

The OP is indicating that the preference to save the selection "Live Weather" as a component of the saved flight (along with airport, aircraft, etc.), whatever the current live weather may be when the saved flight is subsequently re-loaded, is not saved along with the other preferences (such as aircraft....). Obviously, live weather conditions cannot be saved and still be, um, what's the word I am looking for, hmmm, oh right, um, live ;;;).

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I have this problem too. It actually reverts back to the 225/3 issue. It would be nice if the weather was current for the time when I reload the flight.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, Sphynnx said:

I have no more clouds when I load a saved flight which was saved before the latest patch

OK. Understand.  Former USAF meteorologist. So is there not a method to load historical (previous) weather?  Most 3rd party wx engines have provided that, so somewhat surprised a new highly touted sim does not. 

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

17 minutes ago, fppilot said:

OK. Understand.  Former USAF meteorologist. So is there not a method to load historical (previous) weather?  Most 3rd party wx engines have provided that, so somewhat surprised a new highly touted sim does not. 

I don't know but I guess it's not possible

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

24 minutes ago, Sphynnx said:

I don't know but I guess it's not possible

If so, that needs to change!  Based on my structured schedule, which sometimes gets delayed by other real time responsibilities, backtracking to at-the-time weather is very important.  As are the results of the real-time MLB baseball games I am flying to...

AT least provide for us what we have become accustomed to for well over ten years.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 3

Frank Patton
ASUS 

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

If so, that needs to change!  Based on my structured schedule, which sometimes gets delayed by other real time responsibilities, backtracking to at-the-time weather is very important.  As are the results of the real-time MLB baseball games I am flying to...

AT least provide for us what we have become accustomed to for well over ten years.

Vote for it here.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/historic-weather-as-second-timeline/213758/10

It's a little concerning to see this wishlist item still only has about 60 votes whereas the wishlist item "Open up the weather system to 3rd party devs" already has more than 240. Seems like many people have given up on Asobo regarding the weather. 

The Save and load function in the sim is a bug, sometimes works and sometimes does not! I have seen this specially when loading a flight plan! Most of the time it’s not possible to load the flight plan! Hopefully this will be fixed soon! 

weather is fine now in the sim., it has a few issues yes.

rex will provide historic weather., if you need that.   ( i dont).

15 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

It's a little concerning to see this wishlist item still only has about 60 votes whereas the wishlist item "Open up the weather system to 3rd party devs" already has more than 240. Seems like many people have given up on Asobo regarding the weather. 

I think many are conflating two different things.  1) Desired default weather system and capabilities (nearly everyone in agreement) and 2) Allowing third party access to weather at all..

Our wx engine has nearly always had historical weather (and hundreds of other features).  MSFS does include many of the features we debuted and improved over many years, that many have come to expect, and that's great, and they may also provide historical weather.  After they do that... what next?  Regarding the hundreds of other features they don't do, and won't do, because the larger market doesn't care about those features really, you may never see them if weather integration isn't provided to third parties.

I think more people are beginning to realize that fact and that is why you see the wx access demand getting more popular.  Wx extensibility (via standard SDK approved methods) should probably become possible.  New features, historical weather, and other things should also added to the default sim.  They don't [have to] be exclusive.

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 3

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I think many including our competitor have confirmed what we have been saying and the reason we have developed Weather Force. 

It is clear that the new sim is lacking "true" real weather.  

Hence why we have developed Weather Force to render weather according the live metar data that is downloaded 6x an hour as well as utilizing model data for increased spatial areas. 

We will also include historic/archived weather data with the tool after initial release.  Since the early days of REX we have stored over 10 years of weather data.  We are in process of optimizing this data for use and will bring online one year at time.  Starting with 2020, then 2019 first.

• Like 2

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

6 minutes ago, rstough said:

I think many including our competitor

In the infamous words of Michael Buffer...."Let's get ready to rumbllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle"

Pretty unique (in my 20 years here) to see 2 devs that have competing products to chime in to a thread.

Don't worry....not trying to start a war....I own products from both vendors and enjoy (or did enjoy) each one, and I'm excited to see what you guys can bring to the MSFS table.

Competition is very healthy for this hobby. (Stating the obvious here).  Bring it on guys....Impress us....make money vanish from our bank accounts! 🙂

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg