Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Anyone running Fly!II with Windows 10?

Has anyone been successful running in Win 10?  I finally had to upgrade my system to be compatible with some upgrades for my professional tools.  I successfully  installed Fly!II (copied original directory over from my Windows 7 installation).  After working around some graphics issues I got it to run nicely in "letter-boxed" form at its original resolution.  However, the menus' text/fonts don't look very hot and overlays/pop-ups (like the GPS) come up empty (nice frame of the GPS, but with nothing on the display but a black screen).

I have other simulators but would hate to lose Fly! - I had been running it about once a week.

Any ideas?

Randall Rocke

40 minutes ago, RandallR said:

Has anyone been successful running in Win 10?  I finally had to upgrade my system to be compatible with some upgrades for my professional tools.  I successfully  installed Fly!II (copied original directory over from my Windows 7 installation).  After working around some graphics issues I got it to run nicely in "letter-boxed" form at its original resolution.  However, the menus' text/fonts don't look very hot and overlays/pop-ups (like the GPS) come up empty (nice frame of the GPS, but with nothing on the display but a black screen).

I have other simulators but would hate to lose Fly! - I had been running it about once a week.

Any ideas?

No. I'm still stuck on Sierra Pro Pilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have been running Fly! II in Win 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 OS build 19041.508.  I am not a computer expert, but it seems to be working reasonably for me.  I have found that I have to run everything as an administrator.  My processor is Inter(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @3.10GHz with RAM 8.00 GB in an older HP 8200 Ellite.  I am a private pilot and use it to practice approaches.  When I use Fly! II  I use the FlyHawk( C-172) or Malibu models.  They are really sensitive on the controls and I have done some tweaking of the models trying to control the sensitivity but have not found the fix.  Occasionally my screen will go black or be interrupted by something but with a Shift+C I can get it to resume.  I have been using Vol!Edit V1.13 and DEX Import 1.2.0.1 to update data as needed.

Hi Randall,

Similar to LarryG with Win 10 version - but nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB & latest drivers, i7 8700k, 32GB RAM 500GB SSD, etc. Not sure what I may have done, but I run in Full Screen, and with a 24 inch monitor, that's huge!  So I suppose one needs to ask the basics - what video card/drivers updated? What size monitor? This is a screenshot of my main monitor:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr1qh949cuhfuh9/Vector%20GPS%20maps%20open.jpg?dl=0

Here is my Fly.ini graphics section to compare to... If you wish I can send you that and my render.ini file to compare:

airShadowFlag=2
showDistantClouds=0
flatShadeFlag=0
filterFlag=1
useAGPFlag=2
gamePIXX=1024
gamePIXY=768
gameBitsPerPixel=32
autoFullScreen=0
useDirect3D=1
ditherFlag=1
useLensFlare=1