Sign in to follow this  
carecajps

RANDOM CTD - PERFORMANCE - DATA ISSUES (ALL SOLVED ?)

After a month of trying to play and finding solutions to various problems since the release of MS, here are the conclusions after 9 hours of playing (Pantagonia bush flight) with a perfect, great, flawlessly experience.

Initial setup: 7700K OVC 4.8, 1080 TI 32ram (ovc 3000mhz)

Monitor 4k Asus ROG Swiift Curved Ultra-wide QHD (3440x1440).

Random CTD: 

I find out that any overclock, cause issues with MSFS 2020, so i changed   CPU to 4.5GHZ CPU and 3000ram, and i also discover that OVC GPU in Asus GPU tweak app and boost system options also causing CTD.

Changes in graphics settings can also cause CTDs and instability 

So default high end 3440x1440 should be fine.   

Performance:

After last update, stutters, lagging etc... went gone and boost FPS.

Thank you Asobo. 

Data issues:

Low textures and no data, as last known issues identified:  working around Deactivate Bing Data world graphics

If you have MSFS 2020 in MS store, the game must be launch in Xbox live app to have data activated if not, can cause  deactivation.

João 

•  

Thanks for the information. I have the same system. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

I have a similar system, but with a 1070. Both are overclocked, and although I have had the occasional CTD, they weren't related to the OC, so I think it's incorrect to say OC cause CTD. What I suspect is happening, in at least some of these cases, is that the overclock was never stable to begin with and MSFS is stressing the system enough to make this apparent.

For me bluetooth was causing CTDs, and I had to run an earlier graphics driver, both of which appear to be fixed since the latest patch.