Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why scenery developers focus on MSFS instead of P3D?

44 minutes ago, ShezA said:

wow.  Fantastic!  very good news.   thanks

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

@ShezA Will this be V5 too?  Or just V4?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

19 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Never upgraded so can only test in V4. Maybe when it is ready someone can test it for me.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

cool sounds good.  I'm sure it can be worked out.  Estimated time yet for release?

Just now, micstatic said:

cool sounds good.  I'm sure it can be worked out.  Estimated time yet for release?

The problem with us freeware guys is that we are balancing the development with our own time so difficult to say, but after a short time away I am working on it again.

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

i get it.  That makes sense.  well it's a welcome addition.  I would say it's probably the biggest airport in the US, without a decent addon for it.  

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

At this moment MSFS has more than 1 million users. I guess more than P3D.

Not quite, they said:  1 million users have used MSFS.

That doesn't mean they are using MSFS.. I pointed this out before, I would love to hear from that initial number how many keep using MSFS.

Totally different stats, flight sim is a niche market wich always have been around 1 million users between all different platforms combined.

S.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ShezA said:

YES!!!!!!!! Man I’ve wanted this for ever!!!!

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

16 hours ago, GSalden said:

V5 has 24.000 improved airports ...

Yes...I remember reading that.  Do you know where I can find a list of airports that have received attention?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

7 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Yes...I remember reading that.  Do you know where I can find a list of airports that have received attention?

Thanks.

I don’t think there is a list. They used a big data set, but it is much better now! So you can see the same thing as on the charts in the sim.

50 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I don’t think there is a list. They used a big data set, but it is much better now! So you can see the same thing as on the charts in the sim.

I didn't think there was one either.  Thanks for the other info. though.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I think you will see over the next 16 weeks, a subtle development migration back to P3D v5.x   The state of MSFS currently all but guarantees that P3D v5/v6/v7 will not be on Life Support, any time soon, or...later.  My take...

• Like 2

My take is a bit different.  I believe that the die is cast because MSFS has such a large user base. Most of those MSFS users will lose interest but probably 1 in 5 or so will progress into the serious flightsim community. MSFS just looks so much better than both P3d5 and XP11 that unless LM and LR improve the technologies that they employ, they will continue to lose users. 3rd party developers are focusing on MSFS. Asobo will eventually fix all the issues. The final nail in the coffin for the legacy flightsims will be when the HP Reverb G2 VR headset successfully debuts for MSFS.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

My take is a bit different.  I believe that the die is cast because MSFS has such a large user base. Most of those MSFS users will lose interest but probably 1 in 5 or so will progress into the serious flightsim community. MSFS just looks so much better than both P3d5 and XP11 that unless LM and LR improve the technologies that they employ, they will continue to lose users. 3rd party developers are focusing on MSFS. Asobo will eventually fix all the issues. The final nail in the coffin for the legacy flightsims will be when the HP Reverb G2 VR headset successfully debuts for MSFS.

You forget that at this moment only slower GA are able to fly in MSFS without stutters.

Use GC jetliners and the outside view shows more stutters than people ever had with P3D.  The way it looks is that fast GC jetliners are, at least at his moment, too much for MSFS to deliver a stutterers experience. And they are just default ac.

Then add a FsLabs/PMDG jetliner which taxes the system even more and you can expect even more stuttering.

Addon developers are realeasing all kinds of medium airports but there is no jetliner to fly there if you want a smooth experience. Flying to/from Heathrow with a Cessna is not what people would like to do.

Just because it says Microsoft, the sentiment it calls, the eyecandy and the nice atmosphere does not mean that is or will ever be good enough for jetliners.

Myself I also like how it looks but it has so many bugs and no one can ensure that the whole project isn’t too much to handle, that I wait and look at it from a distance.

No sentiment here like : they will fix it all and everything will be allright. Imho that is a very naive point of view...

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

16 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You forget that at this moment only slower GA are able to fly in MSFS without stutters.

Use GC jetliners and the outside view shows more stutters than people ever had with P3D.  The way it looks is that fast GC jetliners are, at least at his moment, too much for MSFS to deliver a stutterers experience. And they are just default ac.

I have seen you using this similar statements in various threads. But I do not agree with this. I have flown several legs with the CJ4 (I dont own the Longtitude) and I have stutterfree experience on my end. with most settings at ultra. In fact I blew by CPH airport at 400knots / 2000' AGL and could not distinguish any difference between MSFS stutters and P3D stutters. It was smooth as silk in both external and internal view, just as my P3D.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |