Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why scenery developers focus on MSFS instead of P3D?

4 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

MSFS just looks so much better than both P3d5 and XP11 that unless LM and LR improve the technologies that they employ, they will continue to lose users.

Its like with women: you may find one which is young an very pretty. But you notice pretty soon that she is dumb as word not allowed so you get bored very fast and you realize that a relationship than just the looks, your partner needs also wisdom and reliability to have an satisfactionary love.

Sure, there are enough dudes out there who give a word not allowed as long as their love interest is pretty, but these are superficial than their better half. 

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

32 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Its like with women: you may find one which is young an very pretty. But you notice pretty soon that she is dumb as word not allowed so you get bored very fast and you realize that a relationship than just the looks, your partner needs also wisdom and reliability to have an satisfactionary love.

Sure, there are enough dudes out there who give a word not allowed as long as their love interest is pretty, but these are superficial than their better half. 

jajajaja best analogy ever!

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Just because it says Microsoft, the sentiment it calls, the eyecandy and the nice atmosphere does not mean that is or will ever be good enough for jetliners.

Man this is like "what did the Romans ever do for us "

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

jajajaja best analogy ever!

"dumb as word not allowed" is a bit exaggerated but you get the picture.

The pretty young girl may evolve, she has potential. But that she uses this potential to get smarter so she will fit you intellectually is not ensured.

if you fall to her but she misses things you always appraised the other woman before you are just pruning your demands for more shallownesses.

• Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

I have seen you using this similar statements in various threads. But I do not agree with this. I have flown several legs with the CJ4 (I dont own the Longtitude) and I have stutterfree experience on my end. with most settings at ultra. In fact I blew by CPH airport at 400knots / 2000' AGL and could not distinguish any difference between MSFS stutters and P3D stutters. It was smooth as silk in both external and internal view, just as my P3D.

Then I should say more specific : the 747, 787 and 320 are suffering from outside view stutters.

So if these cannot fly stutterfree you expect PMDG/FsLabs ac to fly silky smooth ?

Great to read that you can fly the CJ4 without stutters at a fast speed. That should mean that when I could ever use Prosim I should experience a smooth experience too. 

What with heavy weather and a lot of AI ac also ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Its like with women: you may find one which is young an very pretty. But you notice pretty soon that she is dumb as word not allowed

Sure, there are enough dudes out there who give a word not allowed as long as their love interest is pretty 

Thanks for the kind words. Now I feel ashamed I am a dude who fell for the pretty dumb one. What shall I do?

Regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 minutes ago, pmb said:

Thanks for the kind words. Now I feel ashamed I am a dude who fell for the pretty dumb one. What shall I do?

Regards, Michael

Thats YOUR problem, not mine. You have traded depth, reliability and immense abilities for better looks with an unsure future regarding enhancements, not me.

• Like 2

Signature3.png

32 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Thats YOUR problem, not mine. You have traded depth, reliability and immense abilities for better looks with an unsure future regarding enhancements, not me.

My guess is he is still quite happy...😂

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

29 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

I don't speak about the half-baked EA with flickering power lines and trees, but if you take the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error as a sign of reliability, I would agree. I had my share of it upon release of 5.0, despite my 1080Ti, and if you have a look into the Prepar3d forum there are plenty of sufferers.

On the other hand, I had 0 (zero, null) CTDs in MSFS since release and only two during the alpha (were the source was isolated and removed quickly)

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

37 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Then I should say more specific : the 747, 787 and 320 are suffering from outside view stutters.

So if these cannot fly stutterfree you expect PMDG/FsLabs ac to fly silky smooth ?

Great to read that you can fly the CJ4 without stutters at a fast speed. That should mean that when I could ever use Prosim I should experience a smooth experience too. 

What with heavy weather and a lot of AI ac also ?

I am not worried at all.

like I told you before: FSL A320 could be flown in the severly constrained environment of FSX. Why should that not be possible within the confines of a game engine from 2018 (or whenever it was built). 

Again FSL made the resource hungry A320 work with a baseline from 2007. So it would be a monumental failure if similar computations were deemed impossible for a game engine derived 10 years later. 

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

I don't speak about the half-baked EA with flickering power lines and trees, but if you take the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG error as a sign of reliability, I would agree. I had my share of it upon release of 5.0, despite my 1080Ti, and if you have a look into the Prepar3d forum there are plenty of sufferers.

If you don't have more then BETA implementation of EA and DEVICE_HUNG, an error i bet 50 EUR i can fix it in 1 hr sitting in front of the affected PC, that i say a very confident "nice try, McFly".

About the case "Beta EA" i'm also a bit tempted to say "come on, just give them some time", a sentence that i read in every second problem-thread in the other forum.

Signature3.png

54 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

i'm also a bit tempted to say "come on, just give them some time", a sentence that i read in every second problem-thread in the other forum

Exactly...

At the moment we have a new sim, with all advantages and disadvantages that come with being new. And a matured sim, with the advantages and disadvantages that come with being mature. And another sim in between! And even though a number of people here are selling their hopes and wishes for the future as facts, nobody knows what it will bring.

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Regarding the OP:

of course 3PD jump on MSFS, they would be dumb if the didn't. They can convert their P3D scenery to MSFS and sell it to a large market, "easy" money.

What will that bring for our P3D future?

A tricky thing. It means new P3D development may be postponed as long as the MSFS market is hungry for scenery ...oh the irony when i think about how the word not allowed said "no more buying scenery" 🙂

It may bring converted MSFS scenery to P3D which may bring MORE new P3D scenery on the market, and they may be "dumbed down" because of the restriction of the other sim.

Many "mays" i know. But for my part i'm pretty full equipped at the moment, thats why MY purchases have been lesser than a year ago. 

Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

i'm also a bit tempted to say "come on, just give them some time", a sentence that i read in every second problem-thread in the other forum.

I have to correct myself: i read that sentence in virtually EVERY problem-thread there.

Signature3.png

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

oh the irony when i think about how the word not allowed said "no more buying scenery"

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

But for my part i'm pretty full equipped at the moment, thats why MY purchases have been lesser than a year ago. 

Yeah. I went crazy during the pandemic-induced sales, and before that I was also spending hundreds on add-ons each year - until a few months ago I realized I had dozens of payware airports I had bought and installed, but hadn't even used yet. So I dialed the crazy down a bit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else