Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why scenery developers focus on MSFS instead of P3D?

5 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Its like with women: you may find one which is young an very pretty. But you notice pretty soon that she is dumb as word not allowed so you get bored very fast and you realize that a relationship than just the looks, your partner needs also wisdom and reliability to have an satisfactionary love.

Sure, there are enough dudes out there who give a word not allowed as long as their love interest is pretty, but these are superficial than their better half. 

Personally I have a harium of wonderful addon aircraft vying for my attention and they keep me happily home. (P3DV4.5@5).

• Like 1

Vic green

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Regarding the OP:

of course 3PD jump on MSFS, they would be dumb if the didn't. They can convert their P3D scenery to MSFS and sell it to a large market, "easy" money.

Long term it may be a good thing. The fresh cash injection from the hype and renewed mainstream interest in flight simulation and addons will give these third parties resources to take on the more complex projects in the future.

• Upvote 1

No hurry here.

Slightly adjusted the Shaders with EnvShade ( testing clouds ) and now flying over Lopik ( Netherlands ) after taking off from Amsterdam and going to Corfu. 

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

@jabloomf1230key west is a really cool airport.  Always enjoyed going there in real life.  I was really surprised to see FSDT do it.  Didn't Umberto just say he wasn't looking to do new airports anymore?  Or am I mis-remembering

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, micstatic said:

@jabloomf1230key west is a really cool airport.  Always enjoyed going there in real life.  I was really surprised to see FSDT do it.  Didn't Umberto just say he wasn't looking to do new airports anymore?  Or am I mis-remembering

Nope, he wrote "We were already considering stopping doing airport development to focus on GSX, even before MSFS came out."

It is a trend. I am waiting on 2 developers that were going to be releasing products for P3d. One was to release a complex airport scenery in August, the other to fix an omition in an updated scenery. Both have gone on to release products for MSFS and have left their P3d customers hanging. If MSFS is where they see their future, fine. Just finish the products already promised for P3d. We are going to pay. It's not as if the currency we use is all of a sudden worth less, depending on which sim we use.

Edited by Boeingnut
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Its like with women: you may find one which is young an very pretty. But you notice pretty soon that she is dumb as word not allowed so you get bored very fast and you realize that a relationship than just the looks, your partner needs also wisdom and reliability to have an satisfactionary love.

Sure, there are enough dudes out there who give a word not allowed as long as their love interest is pretty, but these are superficial than their better half. 

I’m not interested in a sim that is “pretty but dumb”. But I’m not so sure your analogy holds, Joe. The girl you describe sounds fine to me. If you’re not interested in dating her, maybe you can send me her contact details? Thanks mate!

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I’m not interested in a sim that is “pretty but dumb”. But I’m not so sure your analogy holds, Joe. The girl you describe sounds fine to me. If you’re not interested in dating her, maybe you can send me her contact details? Thanks mate!

LAMAO!

• Like 2

On 9/23/2020 at 8:53 AM, JoeFackel said:

Sorry but I find such comments sexist and disrespectful. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Unless FSDT go back on what said KJFK will get the KORD treatment a complete rework.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry but I find such comments sexist and disrespectful. 

But in the end you grasped it that this analogy was only about a fictitious, stereotype woman and is not describing a real person nor an actual woman perception, right?

And you are not just pulling the "sexism penalty card" because you may have find yourself and you are now butthurt, right?

I could have filled in ANY gender in, man/women/other, the story would be still stay the same.

Edited by JoeFackel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Let’s not let this interesting discussion descend into bickering please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

And you are not just pulling the "sexism penalty card" because you may have find yourself and you are now butthurt, right?

I don't get it why would I find myself "butthurt"? And really, I do your find your comments to be rude and shameful for women, maybe I am too sensitive about it but that is how I read it .

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

12 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

And really, I do your find your comments to be rude and shameful for women, maybe I am too sensitive about it but that is how I read it .

Everyone has their own tolerances for certain attitudes and comments. Personally, I find Joe's to be on the borderline of what I consider respectful, however, that's down to me.

Whenever sensibilities are offended, I'm reminded of this comment:
https://i.imgur.com/rHWeahW.jpg

As long as a comment doesn't break the law or the forums' rules, I don't see the need for anyone other than the mods to be the forum police.

P.S. Having been out in bars in many different countries, I can tell you that some groups of women have said very similar things about men.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Given how FlyTampa has stated that YSSY v2 has a MSFS "version coming shortly, along with other airports...", I wonder whether the ability to make P3D airports and 'port' them into MSFS is a good strategy.

Hit the huge audience that MSFS has gained, but still manage to obtain sales from people holding on to P3D. I guess the sales volumes for P3D will show them whether its financially viable for them to do that.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter