Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why scenery developers focus on MSFS instead of P3D?

13 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Given how FlyTampa has stated that YSSY v2 has a MSFS "version coming shortly, along with other airports...", I wonder whether the ability to make P3D airports and 'port' them into MSFS is a good strategy.

Hit the huge audience that MSFS has gained, but still manage to obtain sales from people holding on to P3D. I guess the sales volumes for P3D will show them whether its financially viable for them to do that.

Sounds like a good strategy to me. It's maximization of profits.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Funny how your center-of-view can change in a heartbeat.  After thinking this morning about MSFS's dependence upon the Internet and Azure Cloud,  I am once more totally open/reason-unrestricted to purchasing new or older P3D titles that I had not entertained previously. I'm keeping P3D until dust...and so...am open for P3D scenery and sled software, once more.  Therefore,.....going to take a look at Orbx's SoCal T.E....and check it out.  Does anybody reading this have it, and how are the FPS, and any blurry fail-to-render at knots issues?🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Didnt know it was out. I thought previews only.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

6 minutes ago, rickgo said:

Didnt know it was out. I thought previews only.

Oh...was not sure...so that's that for now.

On 9/24/2020 at 6:58 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Funny how your center-of-view can change in a heartbeat.  After thinking this morning about MSFS's dependence upon the Internet and Azure Cloud,  I am once more totally open/reason-unrestricted to purchasing new or older P3D titles that I had not entertained previously. I'm keeping P3D until dust...and so...am open for P3D scenery and sled software, once more.  Therefore,.....going to take a look at Orbx's SoCal T.E....and check it out.  Does anybody reading this have it, and how are the FPS, and any blurry fail-to-render at knots issues?🙂

Do you have TE norcal? Decent scenery, ortho is pretty low-res but it’s an interesting part of the world to fly in, so overall i would recommend.

I suspect ortho and overlay quality for socal will be similar.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Do you have TE norcal? Decent scenery, ortho is pretty low-res but it’s an interesting part of the world to fly in, so overall i would recommend.

I suspect ortho and overlay quality for socal will be similar.

Not yet...looking...how's San Francisco?

Because a million people already bought MSFS.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 9/24/2020 at 11:07 AM, omarsmak30 said:

Sorry but I find such comments sexist and disrespectful. 

The council of the offended is offended! 

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I said it half a year before and I say it again. The P3D Plattform is stone old. Microsoft pushes MSFS. 

So the market is bigger, the Plattform more modern. And yet people are surprised that developers neglect P3D

On 9/24/2020 at 5:18 PM, JoeFackel said:

And you are not just pulling the "sexism penalty card" because you may have find yourself and you are now butthurt, right?

Joe, I've got to say I'm also troubled by your comments now, having reread them. You seem to have a strong bias - whether conscious or unconscious - against women whose intelligence quotient is below the median level for the population. This is an intrinsic trait which a person has no control over. Please also be aware that standard tests of intelligence, such as the Stanford-Binet score, are based on western cultural norms. If the woman in question is a POC or otherwise comes from a culturally and linguistically diverse background, she may not actually be as "dumb" as you are suggesting.

Further, your scenario of a man looking for female life partner showed a rather offensive degree of heteronormativity. It also fails to take into account the fact that either party may be non-binary or gender fluid.

Please take time to consider your posts more carefully in the future. Thank you.

Also, I'm still keen for you to send me this gal's contact details, assuming that - based on your description - she's at least an 8. 

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Might want to stay away from FSElite. Everything being released is all MSFS. Nothing (save for a Japan airport) for P3D in quite some time as far as news releases are concerned. 

• Like 1

Eric 

27 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Someone noted that the statement wasn't “bought“, but “tried“ or “used“ or something to that effect.

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

55 minutes ago, d.tsakiris said:

Someone noted that the statement wasn't “bought“, but “tried“ or “used“ or something to that effect.

Yep, I don’t know how many people have subscribed to Xbox Gamepass for PC, but it would be a lot - for the Xbox One gamepass, there are 10 million subscribers.

A very large number of the MSFS downloaders will be Gamepass users (i’m in that category).

Oz

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

500k casual gamers will drop it within 6 months.

But yeah the answer resumes to one word: Money. Quick dirty ports to make some quick money, then, with time, quality scenery and hopefully aircraft (or MSFS will be useless).

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

A million people used or tried MSFS through the Xbox Game Pass $1 dollar deal or because they already had Game Pass.
That does not mean they "bought" it.

Don't know about current users in the MS Store (Microsoft does not seem to share that info),  but  on Steam max user count one day after release was 61K+, and right now there are only 10K+ online.

Edited by RamonB