Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Why scenery developers focus on MSFS instead of P3D?

9 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

I mean, come on, the weather depiction, flight dynamics, atmosphere, procedurally generated sceneries, photo terrains are all things the simming community has been asking for for years.

Except the scenery there is NOTHING that is better then P3D v5, indeed IMO its a "featherweight" sim.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

Lets get something right.. It has good looks, it has very good reflections, terrain looks good as long as you run 4k and have a good internet connection.

Weather, hmm I don't like the clouds.. They are overdone.. You rarely see weather formations so extreme on a daily basis in real world.

And flight dynamics.. Seriously?  It has the worse flight dynamics across all platforms.. Even older games as F-16 fighting falcon that was an arcade pretty much had better flight dynamics.

I am really tired of hearing this nonsense about the flight dynamics.. If they were so perfect and good, how come you can fly on a single engine all the way to 30k? Or with a fuselage that is frozen?  Or perform full turns and never stall? Or takeoff in unrealistic runway length?  Or feel constant shakes in the air despite of no wind? Have you guys flown a real airplane? I have.. In very small aerodromes (EGKR).. Cesnna, Diamond and TBMs actually.. No it doesn't feel at all like in MSFS..

It is a Game, happy for everyone to enjoy it, that is fine... but don't come here saying the flight dynamics are amazing... is like saying GTA feels like driving a real car.. 

S.

Edited by simbol
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 4

And red skies are also non realistic....

Many people are so convinced that everything will be good after a few updates that they cannot take a look at it from a distance.

And MS is very clever : free and payware updates are coming from Asobo. Many were talking about P3D costing € 199 and MSFS just € 60. If MS is going to release 2 payware updates per year for € 50 than after 2 years people will have spent € 200 extra beside their € 60,-.  
At this moment it is a VFR game and will have to wait and see if it will ever become a complete Flightsim...

I hope it will but I have my doubts...

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This "it is a game" thing is really starting to sound like a broken record.

MSFS allows for the use of charts, VFR/IFR procedures and online ATC in a very similar fashion to other sims. 

It all depends on how you use the thing, regardless if it is DCS, P3D, XP or MSFS. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 7

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

9 minutes ago, GSalden said:

At this moment it is a VFR game and will have to wait and see if it will ever become a complete Flightsim...

I hope it will but I have my doubts...

It's already a sim where I can practice IFR procedures.

I did a flight from KRSW to KBKV in the Carenado Mooney. The flight was a steady in and out of clouds with a sprinkle here and there. I arrived at the initial approach fix, intercepted the localizer, and landed on runway 9er. 

I have not tried every airport, but one passed the test.

On the negative side, I could not tone to the Morse code and the ASOS frequency is wrong at KBKV.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The most thing I like about MSFS is the "Enhanced Atmo", Clouds, lot´s Buildings/Autogen and Reflections.

Of course the streamed PR Scenery is a further enhancement.

So if P3D V5.X gets the EA right (at least hugely optimized visual looks), than my biggest MSFS "Nice to have" comes true within P3D, via TrueSky!

PR Scenery is still missing, as well the huge numbers of buildings, as I don´t like to have these big amounts of data stored, I don´t really need them and can live without them.

So as soon as TrueSky comes "really alive", P3D has good chances to stay a long long time on my end.

For better Autogen/Buildings ("every house at every place where it belongs"), I can wait and will wait. Maybe V6?

MSFS has  a lot.........................missing from what I already have AND want in P3D. Also VR!

I am closer to "staying in P3D" compared to "moving to MSFS"......as P3D matches my requirements much more compared to MSFS.

I hope, but not assume, that this will change over the next months/years.....but for now it don´t seem to come in mid term. This can probably no one answer today, as the users/buyers will play a huge roll in this....they indirectly will "trigger the right path" for the companies and plattforms direction....as they already clear stated in almost every DEV Udpate!

So if the User request massively for VFR enhancements.....they will concentrate on that.....wich I am not really interested in. And so far and so on.....

And lets be honest.....P3D is also updating.

MSFS does indeed update more frequently........but none of their updates is really an answer to my requirements....at least none of them in the next Quarter. Except VR could be one. Lot´s of other things is still missing (airliners, gsx like groundhandling).

So......wich is the "better" sim is not the appropriate question. Wich is the sim that fits more to my needs......is much better to answer.

For me it´s P3D. 

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I think some of the negative responses are being a little unforgiving of a product that has only just been released and are taking my post a little too literally. Regarding the flight dynamics, I didn't say they were like RL or that they were the be all and end all, I was suggesting that they are an improvement to what we already have. This of course is a subjective opinion anyway. The colours of the red sky, as Gerard pointed out, are unrealistic, of course they are, blimey I have been a photographer/cameraman for my entire life, so I know more than a little about imagery. Isn't it nice to fly in a 'painting' sometimes, rather than in real life? But why not see the positive about the weather, yes the clouds if you look at the individual textures leave a lot to be desired, but the overall feel is unbelievable. The first time I flew out of Orbx's Wycombe Air Park, was an experience I have not had in any of the other sim, and that was the immersion. As I started to climb, I felt a real sense of being there. Forget about the FDE, or the colour of the sky, the atmosphere that this sim generated while in the sky was breathtaking. The scattering of the moisture while climbing became greater and so less visibility with every few hundred feet. Climbing through the clouds was awesome, and as I looked to my left I could see the shapes of the clouds pass the aircraft and the visibilty change accordingly. Not flat shapes of clouds but full three dimensional objects that I was flying through. It's early days, we all know that third parties will provide all the relevent addons that the community crave for. Once  PTA offer shaders and the likes of A2A, PMDG, AS release their products. I hope we don't see a trail of posts bashing and comparing different sims, that has been boring for such a long time with the XP vs P3D brigade :laugh: I only hope the sim sees a regular list of updates that refelect what the simming community ask for. I will continue to fly my NGX in P3d, with all the addons and bells and whistles, which I don't think MSFS will be able to touch for some time yet. But the basics are there within MSFS for other devs to take advanatge of what I see as the most exciting thing to happen in simming for a long time. I'd say to the neighsayers, just give the new boy on the block a bit of space to shine :wink:

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 7

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

This "it is a game" thing is really starting to sound like a broken record.

Is it the one record that sits in the shelve beside "P3D is ten year old code", "Dynamic flightmodels are superior about scripted", "MSFS won't need any addons" and (my personal favourite!) "Just give 'em time!"?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

1 hour ago, JoeFackel said:

Except the scenery there is NOTHING that is better then P3D v5, indeed IMO its a "featherweight" sim.

Scenery, performance, stability, weather, a dynamic and prolific freeware community...

But sure, aside from that, what have the Romans ever done for us? 😄 

• Like 2

Posted this in another thread but this is EA (still beta).  It shows the correct weather and environment. Scenery is the older FT Copenhagen ( If I am correct in summer ) :

Copenhagen4.jpg

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Have you guys flown a real airplane? I have.. In very small aerodromes (EGKR).. Cesnna, Diamond and TBMs actually.. No it doesn't feel at all like in MSFS..

Yes, every week.

Still prefer MSFS before P3D because the sensation of flying a small plane cant be replicated in front of a desk (also need the slight smell of AeroShell W80 to give that extra feel 😁). A2A is close but I have neither a trim wheel or proper equipment to simulate it accurately in order to fly by muscle memory

I use P3D to stay in the loop for the GNS430. For patterns, Preparation for x-country, emergency descents, MSFS is my choice at least.

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

5 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I think some of the negative responses are being a little unforgiving of a product that has only just been released and are taking my post a little too literally.

We do have to consider that there have been some remarks from the French team that although not really clear do indicate that there has be some work going on for nearly 7 years already. Even if only 5 years then one has to wonder why there are so many problems at release. Any way you look at it, this thing has been a dumpster fire so far. Given MS has a history of dumping products as they did with flight, it does seem to make it a good choice for staying with P3d or x-pain for the next 1-2 years. If pretty pictures are your thing then go for the MS2020 thing.

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

17 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

If pretty pictures are your thing then go for the MS2020 thing.

Considering how popular various scenery enhancements are, and that Orbx base, true-Earth and airports are pretty much acknowledged requirements, not to mention cloud beautification and tree and water and weather products, it seems fairly well established that pretty pictures are pretty much everyone's thing.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

42 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

We do have to consider that there have been some remarks from the French team that although not really clear do indicate that there has be some work going on for nearly 7 years already. Even if only 5 years then one has to wonder why there are so many problems at release. Any way you look at it, this thing has been a dumpster fire so far. Given MS has a history of dumping products as they did with flight, it does seem to make it a good choice for staying with P3d or x-pain for the next 1-2 years. If pretty pictures are your thing then go for the MS2020 thing.

Hmm, forgive me, but I thought most people wanted immersion and that was one of the main aspects of flight simming? 

• Like 4

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

55 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

some remarks from the French team that although not really clear do indicate that there has be some work going on for nearly 7 years already. 

This is what Asobo CEO said in an interview on September 18th. It seems clear enough to me.

"Nous travaillons sur le jeu depuis plus de trois ans et demi maintenant ! Le développement et le suivi du jeu occupent aujourd'hui 120 salariés à plein temps au sein d'Asobo Studio qui compte 210 collaborateurs au total." 

We've been working on the game for over three and a half years now! The development and followup of the game now employ 120 full-time employees within Asobo Studio which has 210 employees in total.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam