Sign in to follow this  
Ident

30xx series and VR

I've seen a lot of benchmarks so far for the new 30xx series showing what it will do for 4k but what about VR? Isnt VR two lower res screens that it is drawing? Anyone know of any testers who have looked to see the performance differences of the 3's in VR compared to older cards? I did see a very imformative video showing what can be expected to just update the GPU for those like me who have the i7-7700K which is very promising but still interested in knowing more about the benefits of the 3's for VR users.

not much 30xx VR Benchmarks out there, we have to wait, but the new ones will be faster for sure.

I plan on getting the 3090 in a few day (if i survive the out of stock syndrome!!)  😄 will post my results here,

but first i have to get one, the 3080 were sold out within minutes, word not allowed.

this from thomshardware.com

Demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 has reached a fever pitch, and you can't currently find any RTX 3080s in stock at any retailer. Once cards are actually come in stock, they're immediately gobbled up by customers (or bots). That's also having an impact on GPU makers, like Zotac, which says it's struggling to process 20,000 RTX 3080 pre-orders from its Amazon storefront.

i just found one Review with VR mentioned:

Nvidia RTX 3080 review: 4K greatness

The reviewer mentions being able to play Fallout 4 VR at a solid 90fps on an index,

and it can run Elite Dangerous at 120Hz with the Index! 😁

Edited by Nedo68