Sign in to follow this  
Fly_High

Error after opening settings panel

Hello,

After opening the settings panel I become the following error.

Also the pushback doesn't work anymore.

After I reinstall it works for one time, and the second time I open the program I become this error again.

I already tried to install and open Pushback Express as administrator.

39478183ko.png

I dont understand german, but it seems to refer to a slider maximum and minimum range, can you post your "PushbackExpress.xml"?...also does this happens when you open the "Settings" window?, or when moving a slider?..

Manuel

spacer.png

Hello Manuel,

Thank you for your quick reply! It's Dutch, not German 😉

There's no "PushbackExpress.xml" in the directory, only "Newtonsoft.Json.xml" , is that the one you need, or where can I find the file you need?

It happens when I open the Settings windows.

I just also noticed that the volume option doesn't get saved after changing, maybe it has to do something with that?, I don't know.

It's just very disappointing that I have to install Pushback Express every time again!

Björn

36 minutes ago, Fly_High said:

Hello Manuel,

Thank you for your quick reply! It's Dutch, not German 😉

There's no "PushbackExpress.xml" in the directory, only "Newtonsoft.Json.xml" , is that the one you need, or where can I find the file you need?

It happens when I open the Settings windows.

I just also noticed that the volume option doesn't get saved after changing, maybe it has to do something with that?, I don't know.

It's just very disappointing that I have to install Pushback Express every time again!

Aaah my mistake.

Okay, after reading your comment I can conclude it seems the "Pushback_Express.xml" is never saved. Okay, go to, your %appdata% directory. This is done by going to your Windows explorer, and in the place where you see your folder path, write down %appdata% (without the quotes) then hit ENTER, it will go to your appdata path, in my PC is:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming"

Then there MUST be a folder named "Pushback Express", then inside the "Pushback Express.xml", This file must always be there, because is where all settings is saved.

Manuel

spacer.png

Same here. I install again the program like I said in another post, all works but the second use I have the same error when I open de setting and the pushback doesn't work.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, mariofsx said:

Same here. I install again the program like I said in another post, all works but the second use I have the same error when I open de setting and the pushback doesn't work.

Thanks

I think I can guess the issue.

In your Windows settings, what format are you using for numbers?

As a test, try using an American style format. 

Don't use commas as a separator, but rather use a  point.

Edited by byork

13 minutes ago, mariofsx said:

I'm from Spain, so we use the "," for decimals.

And I'm from the Netherlands, we also use the ","

I also don't know how to change my windows in a American style format.

22 minutes ago, Fly_High said:

And I'm from the Netherlands, we also use the ","

I also don't know how to change my windows in a American style format.

Maybe it's not the issue.  I just tried putting a comma in my XML file and the Settings page loaded fine.

But you can change your style in your Region settings in Windows.

But send me a support ticket at: www.fs2crew.com

Attach the XML after you getting the setting issue.

I'll try it on my machine.

Cheers,

Hi there.

Got the same issue here. Since I open the software for the 2nd time, this same issue appears. As a consequence, I can't increase/decrease speed anymore via the button window mode and the rudder mode doesn't work anymore. Everytime I re-launch it, it adds a 0 to the error message. For exemple :

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '60000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value."

And the next time :

"

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '600000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value."

and so on...

Indeed any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

7 minutes ago, SakeSimu said:

Hi there.

Got the same issue here. Since I open the software for the 2nd time, this same issue appears. As a consequence, I can't increase/decrease speed anymore via the button window mode and the rudder mode doesn't work anymore. Everytime I re-launch it, it adds a 0 to the error message. For exemple :

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '60000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value."

And the next time :

"

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value of '600000' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value."

and so on...

Indeed any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We think it's due to your currency format selection in Windows if you're using commas instead of periods.

Send me a support ticket asap at: www.fs2crew.com

We'd like you to test the fix.

Thanks,

Edited by byork