Sign in to follow this  
RFields5421

missing runways in FSX

Guest fisherm

I noticed that RWY 17/35 is completely missing from KMSP. Is there anyway to edit the airports that are in FSX or will we have to watit for a patch from MS ?ThanksMike F

The airfield data for FSX is approx April 2005 - before the runway was completed and opened.There are several threads on the forum about why it could not be later.FSX airports can be edited / revised with XML code just like FS2004.AFCAD for FS2004 can be used to create a modification, but almost all the changes in FSX will be lost if you use a FS2004 AFCAD file in FSX.I'm sure someone will update the airport in a few months, because new approaches have to be written, and a crossing runway technique applied for 17/35 to be more than a VFR only runway.FSX has been out less than a month. When FS2004 came out it was four months before AFCAD was available.There are substantial changes in the FSX code, but not as substantial as the FS2002-FS2004 change.There is a development group working on creating a new, SDK compliant, scenery design tool which will be able to manipulate the airfield data which AFCAD did for FS2004.

Guest fisherm

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Somone just released a patch on AVSIM for the missing runway so I installed on it and will check it out.