Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

Aggravated that nothing saves

If one thing in MSFS aggrates me more than anything else, it's the fact that nothing saves. From flightplanner I have to click my airplane and enter my tailnumber and callsign for the hundred time. Enter the fuel, weights, etc. Click Flight Conditions and set it to live again for the hundredth time. Go to plan my flight and have to open the filters and turn on navaids for the hundredth time before I can set up my flight.

All these are configurations and should stick. You shouldn't have to set them every single time you fly. It's a pain in the rump! And heavens forbid you miss one little thing and start your flight, now you have to exit back to the main menu and set it and then a long load up again to finally fly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

James

3 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

If one thing in MSFS aggrates me more than anything else, it's the fact that nothing saves. From flightplanner I have to click my airplane and enter my tailnumber and callsign for the hundred time. Enter the fuel, weights, etc. Click Flight Conditions and set it to live again for the hundredth time. Go to plan my flight and have to open the filters and turn on navaids for the hundredth time before I can set up my flight.

All these are configurations and should stick. You shouldn't have to set them every single time you fly. It's a pain in the rump! And heavens forbid you miss one little thing and start your flight, now you have to exit back to the main menu and set it and then a long load up again to finally fly.

Indeed. The removal of so many common sense features like go to an airport/change location sounds like change for the sake of it rather than what gives the user the best convenience  Saving a scenario should also save all of your relevant settings. The clunky way you have to quit to the main menu then start all over again is, frankly, dimwitted and again it smacks of gaming rather than simming and style over substance. Intelligent design decisions need to be made with a constant awareness of "what is this going to be like for the USER", not "we'll do it differently this time just to be....different".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

i dont see this hassle.,sorry, live stays always live here, callsign etc can be set fixed in cfg files.

Wouldn't it be NICE to have a DEFAULT flight load every single time just like we had for years in FSX and P3D ?? 

• Like 2

WAT1460.png

Irks me they took away progressive taxi from the ATC menu. I know I can turn on the awful gigantic blue taxi ribbon via preferences but I prefer the way FSX works with relatively unobtrusive guidance that is easily toggled.

• Like 1

Barry Friedman

1 minute ago, vcarlo said:

Wouldn't it be NICE to have a DEFAULT flight load every single time just like we had for years in FSX and P3D ?? 

And at least remember that last airport location. Xplane got that right the way it works.

When I wanted to practice an approach and landing starting at a specific distance from an airport it was easy to save in FSX, and I could instantly retry. All the settings would be remembered except I would sometimes have to re-engage the AP. Saving a flight in MSFS not only loses most settings, in my case I completely lose the drop down menu. It is crazy to have to almost completely restart the program to change airports or planes. And as someone mentioned, being able to have a default flight to start with would be nice to have again. In FSX I had several scenarios for different airports and planes saved.

One thing that saves for me is the weather/time of a free flight, and when I reload the flight I can't change any of that. I don't understand why.