Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

extremely long loading times

hi alldoes anyone else experience thisit takes like nearly 2 mins just for the darn thing to load,anyone know why this is so?

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Thats"normal" i would say and sometimes I have a black screen and wondering what is happening then a loading screen will appear. Not very user friendly and it seems that FSX has been rushed out. I suppose others may say - why bother about this as long as it runs OK.The first time I had the black screen I did a soft reset thinking it had locked up.Never mind it can only get better as we spend more and more on FSX to make it run "better" - and we will.

Hello Clayton,As part of the optimization of FS X, it now loads the entire default flight first before even getting to the user interface. If you have not changed it, then it is the Friday Harbor in an ultralight flight. This is pretty dense scenery, so it takes a while to load.To avoid this, create a flight somewhere less demanding, and make it the default flight. The user interface will load very quickly after that.In general, though, FS X loads a lot of pre-rendered terrain all the time. This has great benefits in that, since it is all pre-calculated, no processor time is expended during the flight, thereby making for very smooth, almost stutter-free flying. The bad side is that it takes a long time to load.Best regards.Luis

Throw in another gig of memory for (3) and you'll be startled at what 33 percent more capacity than what you have now will do for FSX.I found out this morning on my system.I went from a 1 gig to a 3 gig in stages, to gauge performance.I saw a real change when I passed 2 gigs total system RAM.Mitch R.