Sign in to follow this  
sauviat

B787 A/P issue

I am not one to usually use a sim directly to make a Flt Plan, but with all the noise about A/Ps not functioning as they should, I wanted to get an idea of this issue. Set up a flight from Athens to Heathrow. Used a gate then set up a Dep and Arr airports, with the appropriate sid and star., but surprised no waypoints in between. Left it like that and took off and engaged A/P and set L and V Nav.

Takeoff and a it followed the the initial route to the north of Greece, then it turned sharp right and dropped altitude to 10K. It's well into northern Turkey now. Will let it continue and just monitor it!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I cant land the 787 manually: at around 300 feet, 140k, full flaps, it pitches downwards and crashes in to the ground. Did it 5 times in a row.

This is the plane I want to really dive into. Not really sure what works and what doesn't at this point. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

13 hours ago, RobJC said:

This is the plane I want to really dive into. Not really sure what works and what doesn't at this point. 

Pre-2nd patch not much, post 2nd patch even less. I've given up.  They should have called is Microsoft GA Simulator instead.  All of the airliners and jets are pretty messed up right now.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Hi smurfboard,

That's correct, same thing happens to me and others. I've found that if you want to land the B-787 manually and still have yoke control in order to pull up a bit if need be, you must keep it a minimum speed of 145-147kts. At this speed, you will still have control of the yoke to pull back. Drop below that speed on manual, and to the ground you go!  Hope this helps so you can continue to fly the plane until MS fixes this problem.

Edited by Marioalberto

This is pretty annoying. I would be lying if I said I did not purchase the Premium Deluxe exclusively for the 787. The A320 is decent enough for me at least, and the Cessna Citation Longitude is one I have put several hours in as well. For GA I mostly use the SR22 so I guess I am getting what I paid for regardless.

5900X

32GB DDR4-3600MHz

ZOTAC RTX 3070 Ti

Game installed on 980 PRO

Main display Gigabyte M27Q X 27" 1440p 240Hz

22 minutes ago, M3Stang said:

This is pretty annoying. I would be lying if I said I did not purchase the Premium Deluxe exclusively for the 787. The A320 is decent enough for me at least, and the Cessna Citation Longitude is one I have put several hours in as well. For GA I mostly use the SR22 so I guess I am getting what I paid for regardless.

Yep I’m in the same situation as you as far as 787 and reasons for purchasing premium deluxe. A month in I’ve yet to have a usable experience with it. I tried the longitude the other night as it’s been on my list. Only had some minor screen dimming issues with it vs the avionics blanking some stuff has had but I need to find some info on it for takeoff and landing procedures before I try it again. Those two phases were super rough and there’s zero in game checklists for those phases to guide. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro