Sign in to follow this  
robert young

ATC window disappeared - any tips please?

After a couple of days or so with the patch, suddenly my ATC window in the toolbar has disappeared. It is greyed out. Pressing "reset" does not revive it. Instead I now have an additional "Active Pause" which  I did not opt for. I've tried every possible option in Assists, User Experience, Data, On and offline AI, and still the ATC window will not appear. I notice a few posts on Reddit about this but no-one seems to know why this is happening. Inconveniently, you cannot re-install this part of the sim unless you download and install all 80 gigabytes of "core" sim files. The content manager does not separate off core items, only addons and aircraft/scenery.

I did notice a couple of similar posts here but no-one else seems to know of a solution. Is there one without re-installing the entire sim?

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

yes !

go to folder "yourFolder"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore  delete folder with the name  "fs-base-ingame-panels-atc".

then sort folders by "date" (important), restart MSFS and it should then download the necessary files again - by the way, this also applies to other missing files or errors ! try it and I hope it works for you !

BR !

Edited by AUA425

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D , watercooled, GeForce RTX 4090, RAM 64GB Kingston Fury 6000Mhz , Fractal Design 7 XL, MSI X670 Carbon, all SSD

Just a recommendation, instead of DELETING it, just cut and paste it to the desktop to remove it, then follow above instructions.  I only say that so that in the event the download and replace doesn't work for whatever reason, you can at least restore back to where you were.  Just a safety precaution.

Deleting will work too as long as you dont clean the recycle bin.

Hope it works.  Let us know.

3 hours ago, AUA425 said:

yes !

go to folder "yourFolder"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore  delete folder with the name  "fs-base-ingame-panels-atc".

then sort folders by "date" (important), restart MSFS and it should then download the necessary files again - by the way, this also applies to other missing files or errors ! try it and I hope it works for you !

BR !

Many thanks to both of you. It did download a fresh folder on start up but unfortunately the ATC window is still not there (greyed out) and the reset button does nothing. I confirm have enabled ATC in options. I wonder if there is another folder that also controls ATC, or is linked to it, that might be corrupted or missing?

This folder perhaps:

fs-base-ingamepanel-controls  ?

Edited by robert young

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

update: Well I've tried everything and still no ATC window. Does anyone else here have the same problem? Also does anyone else have an unexplained "Active Pause Toggle button suddenly appearing in their drop down tools?

1 hour ago, robert young said:

update: Well I've tried everything and still no ATC window. Does anyone else here have the same problem? Also does anyone else have an unexplained "Active Pause Toggle button suddenly appearing in their drop down tools?

Everyone should have the "Active Pause Toggle" button on the drop down tools bar. It was listed in the change log! 😌

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

This is a strange one.  I wonder if it is a voice pack problem - missing or turned off.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Have you tried just resetting all your settings to default and putting you user experience to easy and making sure everything is set to on including all the options throughout the system for ATC Voices?  Additionally I noticed with there is an option for Azure voice in the settings but if you limited the sims use of bandwidth and have that selected that may cause issues?  Just some things to try.

10 minutes ago, pjs37 said:

Have you tried just resetting all your settings to default and putting you user experience to easy and making sure everything is set to on including all the options throughout the system for ATC Voices?  Additionally I noticed with there is an option for Azure voice in the settings but if you limited the sims use of bandwidth and have that selected that may cause issues?  Just some things to try.

Yes I did. Thanks for checking. The missing icon is what I recall looks like a thin control tower. I mistakenly thought the Active Pause icon had replaced it but in fact it should be there (see Bill's post above). I've tried enabling every possible ATC combination and still the icon is absent. I've tried all the suggested tips including setting EASY for user experience, rebooting, then setting HARD then rebooting, all to no avail. I've combed through the xmlsl and Asobo folders, and tried cut and pasting them to desktop and letting the sim re-download those folders.

Whatever I do the ATC button is greyed out and the reset button does nothing. I CAN hear the ATC but obviously cannot respond as the ATC menu is absent. I'm trying to avoid the seemingly inevitable which is to re-download the entire sim yet again - (last time it took 12 hours!).

1 hour ago, n4gix said:

Everyone should have the "Active Pause Toggle" button on the drop down tools bar. It was listed in the change log! 😌

OK Bill thanks. Sorry I did not notice that. Nevertheless the ATC button is greyed out and refuses to appear in the toolbar. Do you happen to know which folder/file contains the lists/enabler of all of the toolbar icons? I've been through all folders I can but cannot find the one css/html/xml file that contains a straightforward list of which icons should load.

Do you have the deluxe edition or standard?  I was thinking maybe we could try and match folder sizes and items and see if we can narrow it down from there?

I think the problem is in the configuration settings.

I have both the Standard and the Premium Deluxe version installed in different locations on the same HDD.
Under the Xbox login that has assess to the Game Pass Standard Edition the ATC works as normal.
Whereas under the Xbox login that has the Premiun Deluxe version install the ATC window doesn't show up and the ATC option under the Toolbox settings is greyed out.

As a test, I signed out the Xbox profile that is using the Standard version (where ATC was working OK) and signed in with the Premium Deluxe Xbox profile and the ATC is no longer working. 

So this suggests it is problem with the settings in the Xbox profile rather than the downloaded files themselves.
So even if you were to uninstall and redownload the 80Gb, then you would still have the same problem.

Not sure how to fix as yet.