Sign in to follow this  
Captain DV

Pilot 2 ATC in 4K entire screen covered and bad resolution

I'm using 4K resolution and the moment I turn on Pilot2ATC it covers almost half the screen and is in a really blurry and bad resolution. Please give me a solution regarding this. I wish to buy your software. 

Moreover, Speech Assistant does not show the words "Request" or any other type of call that can be made to the ATC . I am attaching a screenshot for the aforementioned issues.

Screenshot Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_u5HqMjwg5bNhiqG6bojV4m0FxgVhcJa/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Captain DV
A new issue similar to the one mentioned before cropped up.

The P2A window is resizable, so you can adjust that to whatever you want.

In the screenshot, you are not fully connected to the SIM.  That is what is causing the SayIt menu to be blank.  When Pilot2ATC connects, there will be 3 lines in the Speech Text Window at the bottom right and the Connect button will turn green.  The last line in the Speech Text Window will be "Grammars Loaded".

Sometimes, you just have to press the Connect button twice more and it will fully connect.  

If that doesn't do it, here are some things to try:

• Be sure the SIM is fully up and running and not paused.  
  • Be sure you are connected to the internet. It must be a reliable connection.
  • English-US Language installed and set as Primary Language
  • Working Microphone installed and set as Default Sound Input device in Windows
  • Valid Call Sign – Try using the default call sign of Mfg: Beech; Tail Number: N431VB.  Press the Save button.
  • Try running the program in Administrator mode by right clicking on the Pilot2ATC.exe file and selecting “Run as Administrator”
  • If connected but the radios aren’t working, check the Battery and Avionics switches on or the “Ignore battery” and “Ignore Avionics” options are checked in P2A Config
  • If it seems to partially connect but the Connect button does not turn Green, set the Weather option to a different source such as NOAA Real Time Weather and try again.

Dave

Ok the ATC is working now thanks. But how do I get a better resolution on your software. It is so blurry and covers the entire screen. Can the resolution be improved?

It looks perfectly clear in the screenshot, so I guess I don't understand the question about blurry.  Blurriness is something an application doesn't control. It is a function of the monitor and the PC.

If you make it smaller, it won't cover the entire screen.  You can make it as small as you like.  It takes up x number of pixels, and theoretically, on a 4K screen, it will display in half the area it would take on a standard monitor.  Most users display it on a separate monitor so they can keep it large and visible.  Some display only the map after doing the flight planning by pressing the FPL button in the upper right.

Dave

OK . All the problems are sorted now )I had set the scale and layout of my Windows 10 to 200%). I have been using it all day and it really is an awesome and realistic ATC system. Light years ahead of the stock MSFS ATC. I have just purchased a copy.

However I would like to:

1. Use my own voice by using the PTT button. However it never seems to correctly recognize my voice.

2. How do I change to more realistic sounding speech? As it sounds like very robotic.

You may need to do the Training that you can access on the Grmr Help screen.  See the User's Guide for how to do this.

Here's a thread on downgrading the voices to sound like they're on a radio.  At the end, there's a great video on how to do it.

Great! I'll check that out. Why is the altimeter/QNH always on standard in the ATC. Which is the weather in the WX settings for MSFS 2020?