Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Randy J's suggestion - Real Pilots for Real Reviews.

Guest Rayed

>------------------------------------------> I agree: Anyone over 40 is NOT to be trusted..Especially>PILOTS:>>SPOFF: PPL; SELActually I tried to say exact opposite in-between lines of my post :) English is not my mothertongue unfortunately.But you are right ;) (though I know pilots over 40 and trust them, kinda hehe)

So that's what PPL-ASEL meant on the letter that came my certiicate of course completion and my temp license. :-hah Sorry, Couldn't resist the crack.In all seriousness though. I had an idea mulling through my head that if I did my own site, I'd do kinda like Amazon.com does for it's products, but instead of books, movies, etc, it would be for the file library. Have a link that says reviews that appears in the title bar of the file's listing. Have the official review at the top and the user submitted reviews at the bottom on this page. I don't know how difficult this would be to accomplish though.I know there are some airline pilots that paruse through forums and use flight simulator because frankly, some are just obsessed with flying and aviation. Even when I get into commercial aviation, I doubt my use of Flight Simulator will die out. There are places to fly, things to see, things to do that I just frankly could never do in reality. That's the fantasy of this program.I doubt I'll ever have the time money to do a real Round the World flight in my life, no matter how much I think it would be fun. I can do it in Flight sim because time isn't a consideration because I'm sure I could chunk out 2 or 3 hours out of a day off to make a leg, whereas in reality, I'd have to chunk out days or weeks and then pay for gas, landing fees, and various other fees.There is a limit to realism for FS I think though, If you make it too real, the fun comes out of it. Aviation in reality requires so much consideration. In the US, you've got TFRs and may have an F-16 on your tail and those missles under it's wings aren't just props to make it look more menacing. Fortunately, I've never had to see that and I pray that I never do, since that can be a life wrecker.Things break. I've had to cancel a couple flights because one of the primer lines had gotten busted. If I do use a program to simulate random failures from wear and tear and my plane breaks down hours away from home, I can quit the sim rather than find myself looking for a way to repair it and get home.So for me, the sim is just an outlet to do the things I can do in reality, and to just enjoy the fantasy of flying aircaft I can't fly yet and/or to places I'd love to fly to some day.I'm sure there are a lot more airline pilots in these forums than some of you believe. And I'm sure they all have their reasons for using flight simulator. Just because you fly for a living doesn't necessarily mean you'll bore of it. Some do have the bug and enjoy flight simulator on their time off.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004, MidContinent VA 737 Fleet"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach