Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Ryzen 3900x and MSFS...sorry if I messed the thread

Hey guys....I gave up using the search function here at Avsim, so asking instead.

Have this system on craigslist I"m eyeballing.  Did I miss the thread here talking about how you go intel or you stay home with MSFS specifically? (Don't really care about other titles)

Here are the specs and can get it for $2k....please let me know if I go this route or intel 10700 or 10850.

-AMD Ryzen 3900x 12 core 24 threads
(has more cores and threads than i9-10900k)
-MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 2080 Super OC 8GB
-32 GB 3600mz TridentZ Neo Ram
-ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Motherboard
-1TB Pro NVMe PCIE 4.0
-ASUS ROG Strix Helios ATX Full Tower Case
-4 Case Fans (2 intake, 2 exhaust)
-Cooler Master Masterliquid ML240L rgb liquid cooling
Windows 10 Pro Activated

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

More cores are not helpful as it appears. Don't buy a 2080. Nvidia has released a new series which are sold out right now. Just wait until the 3080 is available again. Or wait a bit more AMD will release the next ZEN 3 series for CPU and 6000 series for new GPU. At 28th Oct, we'll know more.

54 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

More cores are not helpful as it appears. Don't buy a 2080. Nvidia has released a new series which are sold out right now. Just wait until the 3080 is available again. Or wait a bit more AMD will release the next ZEN 3 series for CPU and 6000 series for new GPU. At 28th Oct, we'll know more.

Hehe.....sound advice.   Waiting....waiting....I know the vid card I want (I'm sure what we all want at the price point...3070ti 16gb....maybe THE card for MSFS...but limping on an old Maxwell Titan...feeling the itch.)

Zen 3...lets hope the hype pans out....but was wondering about 3900x if anyone's seen a comparison against the intel's running MSFS...I know I should wait...but that logic works on the young...hehe...I may not even make it to the Nvidia 4000 series release...and wasting good gaming time on an older system....you know what I'm talking about. 😉  IF I can convince the guy to take $1500 for the system, it's lightyears ahead of mine....IF.....IF a 3900x is a good chip for MSFS.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I see, I didn't know you're progressed in age. God only knows when we'll leave, but if it's "urged" I would sugguest going with Intel, since it has better single core performance and you won't have any advantage with 12 Cores. At least that's the latest info that I have read.

Maybe some other dude can confirm that, so you don't buy in doubt.

Wish you all the best!

My 3900x performs somewhat better than my 9900k but comparing to the 10th gen Intel, not sure as I don't own that generation.  I'm waiting on the new Ryzen 5000 series to drop and see as I won't have to upgrade the MB to upgrade the processor with a x570 board;  this shaves about 300 off my yearly upgrade.

Sean Green

When it comes to flight sim core clock is still king MSFS has not changed that, that`s why the 10th gen CPU`s without OC they will hit 5ghz on some cores and they top the list.

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg