Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

This is why you shouldn't live next to a small airstrip

OK, as I was exploring the neighbourhood for my last set, I had a thought . . .

ELys0FL.jpg

kuwapna.jpg

zH0W0eV.jpg

Ohshz1B.jpg

0RNlExc.jpg

ygo65rm.jpg

51wO0t1.jpg

5Xv4luh.jpg

(I only did this because I'd heard that the owner of the place with the tarpaulin on the roof was chairman of the local noise abatement society)

• Like 4

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

32 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

(I only did this because I'd heard that the owner of the place with the tarpaulin on the roof was chairman of the local noise abatement society)

Let me guess, he moved there AFTER the airfield was established... :dry:

Love the low flying Pitts - I guess one would only get away with doing that approach just once in real life... It'd make the news.. Well I hope it would to give us a change from normality! :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 9/20/2020 at 9:47 PM, Ron Attwood said:

A bit short on lawn mowers in your neck of the woods eh?

On reflection that post seemed a bit mean. You've captured some pretty neat shots. Well done. .👍 I just let my World famous sense of humour get the better of me. Apologies.

EDIT: But a lawn mower franchise would clean up! 🙂

Edited by Ron Attwood
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

21 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

On reflection that post seemed a bit mean. You've captured some pretty neat shots. Well done. .👍 I just let my World famous sense of humour get the better of me. Apologies.

EDIT: But a lawn mower franchise would clean up! 🙂

No worries Ron, I wasn't entirely sure what you were on about anyway <grin>, would have made more sense if I'd been choppering. And I like your sense of humour, we Meldrews should stick together.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:12 PM, John F said:

The first shot definitely got my attention.

Cheers John, keep your eyes peeled, I might try this again in the Mriya.

On 9/20/2020 at 10:16 PM, HighBypass said:

I guess one would only get away with doing that approach just once in real life

Actually Mark, I didn't even get away with it once. I tend to use "active pause" for some of these shots and the problem is that when you come out of that momentum seems to have built up and you don't necessarily carry on in the same direction you had planned. And at this height . . .

20 hours ago, Ranger75 said:

Imagine the fun if this game was blended into MSFS!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/658600/Lawnmower_Game/

Well, it does seem like some of the grass has gotten a little out of hand, but I don't think the guy in that game would do much good, from the look of it!

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

... but I don't think the guy in that game would do much good, from the look of it!

That's why you need the ultimate in lawn mowing simulation!

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Crazy detail, and very cool shots. But, yeah, they need to get their strimmers out in this neighbourhood..