Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Morocco in Jets

Wednesday MFS Flight – Morocco in Jets - Sep 23

I propose a Microsoft Flight Simulator (MFS) Group Flight for Wednesday September 23.   Jets Anyone?

Departing from Gibraltar (LXGB) we fly 10 miles east into Mediterranean before turning back to the southwest, approaching Morocco with a view of Ceuta, and then down the coastline with views of Tangier. Passing through the Straits of Gibraltar we continue out into the Atlantic.  Turning southwest the route parallels the coastline with fine views of the coastal communities.  We pass Rabat and continue on to Casablanca and our first landing at Mohamed V (GMMN).  The route proceeds inland to the southeast towards the Atlas Mountains and our next stop at Marrakech.  After landing at Menara (GMMX) we depart to the west, crossing the High Atlas near Tizi n'Tichka. The road was constructed along the old caravan trail by the French military in 1936 and the last known wild Barbary lion in Morocco was shot near Tizi-n-Tichka in 1942. The approach waypoints will set us up for a landing to the east at Ouarzazate (GMMZ).  The final leg will proceed to the west, with the Atlas Mountains on our right, to Agadir on the Atlantic coast.  The route waypoints will lead us out to sea with view of the city to the left, then turn back for our final landing at Inezgane (GMAA).

cRNm6bg.jpg

Flight Plan Here  (note: there are two flightplans - one is the full route starting from Gibraltar (LXGB) and one is a truncated route starting from Casablanca (GMMN).  The second plan is to make resetting/restarting from Casablanca easier.  See Notams for discussion)

The total length of the route is 653 miles.  The Citation CJ4 is fast enough to allow us to finish the route in the allotted time.  It is also reasonably easy to hand fly in the approach and landing phases of flight. The Cessna Citation Longitude or even the A320 NEO are also suitable. 

NOTAMS: 

• Recommend Departure at dusk (6PM UTC) minus about 3hrs – I would estimate that to be 3PM UTC
  •  Gibraltar (LXGB) is an enhanced MFS airport, a very popular destination, and therefore crowded with multiplayer traffic – think 747’s spawning continuously on the runway.  I recommend that we initially set up for Group Only.  I know we are limited to 6 players per group.  If we get a high turnout, then suggest we form two groups.  We can reset and switch to ALL traffic at Casablanca.
  •  For those new to the Citation CJ4.  In default configuration it is over powered and uses too much fuel.  Recommend that after takeoff you throttle back to 70% for climb with 210knts for FLCH climb.  Target 31000 for cruise altitude, you will get there pretty quickly.  You will need to reduce the throttle back (~60-65%) once at cruise to prevent overspeed.

Estimated Flight Departure Time:  Wednesday 1800 UTC
Voice Communication: RTWR Teamspeak

Recommend that we join up on teamspeak /MFS about 10-15 minutes ahead of plan departure time so that we can form up and send out required group flight invitations and load in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Morocco is a wonderful place to fly. Mountains to the ocean. Deserts to the sea.

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Yes, I have, but not installed it yet..

If you load a PLN file in the world map view or otherwise build a plan in the world map planner thing, it will be populated in the CJ FMC when you load. Either in default or our mod.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

1 hour ago, cwburnett said:

If you load a PLN file in the world map view or otherwise build a plan in the world map planner thing, it will be populated in the CJ FMC when you load. Either in default or our mod.

Thanks so much for your work in updating the CJ4. 👍  I have downloaded the mod and dropped it in the community folder.  Very excited to try it out.  

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

4 hours ago, cwburnett said:

I just loaded up the CJ4 for the first time, and other than the fact that I had my throttle control assigned to the left engine only, and created a fuel imbalance.. I was able to take off and fly the first two legs of the flight plan.  Pretty amazing!  Much to explore for sure. 🙂

I realize that you guys are trying to make it all as real as possible, but I wonder if you could consider increasing the text size on the PFD just a notch, so that I can read the waypoint information on the bottom left (under "FMS 1") a bit better... 😉

Would be much appreciated!

Many thanks for all the work you are putting into this plane!

Bert

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I just loaded up the CJ4 for the first time, and other than the fact that I had my throttle control assigned to the left engine only, and created a fuel imbalance.. I was able to take off and fly the first two legs of the flight plan.  Pretty amazing!  Much to explore for sure. 🙂

I realize that you guys are trying to make it all as real as possible, but I wonder if you could consider increasing the text size on the PFD just a notch, so that I can read the waypoint information on the bottom left (under "FMS 1") a bit better... 😉

Would be much appreciated!

Many thanks for all the work you are putting into this plane!

We definitely are aware that the PFD and MFD are a little hard to read and haven't sorted out exactly what to do about it. As you say, on one hand we want to be as realistic as possible, but on the other hand, the real Proline is way more readable than what's currently in-sim. If I can trouble you, would you mind creating an issue on the Github issues list, tag it as CJ4 and put any thoughts or suggestions in there. We're currently planning out what to do next and any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

Thanks!

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

13 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

If I can trouble you, would you mind creating an issue on the Github issues list, tag it as CJ4 and put any thoughts or suggestions in there. We're currently planning out what to do next and any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome. https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/issues

Thanks!

Done.

• Like 1

Bert

The Working Title Group deserve great praise for their real gift to the community!

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hopefully will be on TS3 (very) early Wednesday.. (As of yesterday am now MSFS2020 equipped, so have an eye!!)

Norm