Sign in to follow this  
seanflys

Flight control issues

Hey guys this is my first post but I've lurked for several years. I have been on Flight Sim 2020 for several weeks it's been working great, everything has been smooth no issues at all, Until last night. The joystick I'm using is a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. Last night after I was messing with an xbox one Controller for the first time just testing it, I lost throttle control and X and Y axis on the Logitech. They were just dead. The hat switch and other buttons on the Logitech worked normally. So I restarted the sim still nothing. I restarted the computer fired the sim back on and ever since then when I get into a flight my throttle is at full power. No matter what I do I can't get it to cut off. I didn't have many custom key bindings but I did reset all of that just in case. My buddy who is usually pretty knowledgeable with this stuff, and a very active simmer for years helped me try and trouble shoot it, we tried going into the Windows settings and reset and repaired the sim. To no avail. 

Do any of you have any ideas? Another thing I want to try is deleting the cloud data that Microsoft stores incase of a reinstall so you won't lose game saves or settings, for the Sim and see if that might work to just fully reset everything. Basically if I reinstall the Sim this file will re-sync back to my computer and my buddy and my best guess is this could be the root of my problems. I can't seem to figure this out either, Does anyone know how I might do this?

Thanks I appreciate the help.

Hello,

You can check your Logitech Extreme 3D Pro without FS 2020 :

Search "Parameters, enter Printers and ...

tfprops.jpg

Select your controller
Select properties.
If you get a problem here (right part of my screenshot) then your FS 2020 folder/setup is OK !

Hi @ctdlg thanks for the reply. I tried to be as thorough as I could in my original post, but failed to mention I did check this and everything in Windows. The Logitech is working perfect, I recalibrated and everything is working. 

Just incase anyone comes along with the same issue, I wanted to update the thread. I sorted it out, someone in another forum had exactly the same problem as me and they discovered that somehow the AI Control setting got turned on. I turned it off and it solved my issue. Just a little frustrating not knowing how it got turned on because I've never touched any of the assist or AI settings. Anyways as I said I just wanted to post my update should anyone come along with the same problem. 

• Like 1