Sign in to follow this  
ek1

FSX CTD

hi all, 

recently fsx has been crashing quite frequently, i haven't been able to isolate the problem because it wasn't showing up in either appcrashviewer, or the event viewer until today. PC specs are as follows, Intel i7 quad core processor, 8gb ddr4 ram, 3Tb Sata drive, Nividia equivalent gtx 1050TI with 4gb of ddr4 ram. Please see below for crash info.

The program fsx.exe version 10.0.61637.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
 Process ID: 2560
 Start Time: 01d68f96d3571dc3
 Termination Time: 379
 Application Path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
 Report Id: c3a323de-3044-4a4a-b441-af1d7a7b8442
 Faulting package full name: 
 Faulting package-relative application ID: 
 Hang type: Unknownve,

Best regards, Ed Kammerman.

Welcome to AvSim Ed. Not much to go on there I'm afraid. You don't mention what 3rd party aircraft and addons you're using. The first thing to try is disable all 3rd party scenery and addons and fly a default aircraft. If the problem is cured then add your 3rd party addons back one at a time and fly the same route.

If you get a CTD the last thing you added is probably the culprit.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I'll do some follow up. For some nothing is showing up in Appcrash view or the event viewer except what's in the post. To the moderators I'm an old member just lost my user ID and password. 🙂 

Ed

Ed, these CTDs can be frustrating. Get a clean FSX and work from there. Necessary and it’s the only way to resolve the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Well it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do a complete uninstall; and re install. Since I'm going to do this I think I'm going to install FSX and addons to a SSD. So here's my questions, I have Revo Uninstaller Pro should I use that for the uninstall or Windows uninstaller instead ? Also exactly what components and addons should I remove either ahead of the complete uninstall or after. This would include, dlll.xml, scenery.config etc. 

Thanks,

Ed Kammerman

Hi Ed,

Just about to turn in so this is brief. If you uninstall and then reinstall you’ll never know what the problem was. Consider this a last resort after all other paths have been exhausted.

A quick way of testing with default aircraft and scenery is to rename FSX.cfg and scenery.cfg. You’ll have to find out where they’re located. Name the extension to cf# and new ones containing only default scenery and settings will be created when you launch FSX. The problem there is finding the culprit.

If that doesn’t fix things then by all means uninstall. 3rd party stuff first with FSX the last. Anything left over in the main FSX folder should be deleted. It’s been a long time since I uninstalled FSX so check which version you have and google “uninstall FSX” to tidy up the bits and pieces.

Reboot your PC afterwards. Always use the Control Panel - uninstall option. Not a third party utility.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather