Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

Good stuff here. Out of curiosity, is this plane normally twitchy as hell? 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

3 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Twitchy in what way? Control sensitivity? What yoke or stick are you using?

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

All MSFS aircraft are "Twitchy". It's a inherent design.

Fantastic Job on the CJ4. I Just concluded a 1 hour flight with it and its waaaay better than default. Apart from the know bugs and hitches you guys already mentioned, it flies beautifully.  It was definately  less "twitchy" and "Less Rockety" 😁 than default.

Please dont forget to add a DME readout when in Nav Mode, 

The Autopilot Flight modes on the PFD could also be a bit larger.

All the effort put into this mod is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, I found the Active Modes on the PFD difficult to read without zooming in.  Maybe Bold Font and slightly larger. What you have is probably exactly what Textron builds, but, the flight sim has slightly different requirements.

All the pilots here don’t have 20/15 vision anymore.

Thanks for all the improvements. It is like a new and different CJ4.

• Upvote 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

3 hours ago, BackboneOne said:

the basics are here, all we need is holdings and direct to waypoint that is NOT in FP to make vatsim controllers happy)

MSFS on VATSIM means file /A or /W. Of course VATSIM's flight plan format is a decade out of date and anyone operating today should use the ICAO format for anything other than VFR flights. 

Edited by KenG

46 minutes ago, raymar said:

Yes, I found the Active Modes on the PFD difficult to read without zooming in.  Maybe Bold Font and slightly larger. What you have is probably exactly what Textron builds, but, the flight sim has slightly different requirements.

All the pilots here don’t have 20/15 vision anymore.

Thanks for all the improvements. It is like a new and different CJ4.

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, the custom font we built that is used on the PFD and MFD is much more accurate now, but we haven't gotten to overhauling the layout and sizing of those elements yet. It's difficult because many of those sizes are actually hardcoded in the relevant javascript and that same PFD and MFD code is actually shared by every jet flight deck in the sim. So, we've had to be careful during the first phase not to break all the other aircraft. We're very conscious of keeping our changes safe.

We will definitely be improving that all in the future!

8 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Twitchy in what way? Control sensitivity? What yoke or stick are you using?

It feels like it’s on rubber bands and every time I make a control movement, the plane will react and then bounce back to what it originally was and then bounce back to the new position. It doesn’t feel like it has any weight to it at all. The tbm feels like this as well. 

im using the warthog Hoyas thrust levers and stick. My sensitivities before patch 2 were all set to -70. I can’t change them now after patch 2.

Matt kubanda

8 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

All MSFS aircraft are "Twitchy". It's a inherent design.

That’s what I’m starting to learn. Apparently they were supposed to add more inertia to the planes with the second patch. I don’t feel it. Either way, this is a great mod. 

Matt kubanda

10 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

It feels like it’s on rubber bands and every time I make a control movement, the plane will react and then bounce back to what it originally was and then bounce back to the new position. It doesn’t feel like it has any weight to it at all. The tbm feels like this as well.

Sounds like you are fighting the autopilot (it should disengage with control input but it probably doesn't in MFS). Try pressing Z and see if that fixes it? I had this issue when loading up in the air with the G36,

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

38 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Sounds like you are fighting the autopilot (it should disengage with control input but it probably doesn't in MFS). Try pressing Z and see if that fixes it? I had this issue when loading up in the air with the G36,

That’s plausible. I usually experience these problems on takeoff. Oh well, I’ll get used to it.

Matt kubanda

4 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

That’s plausible. I usually experience these problems on takeoff. Oh well, I’ll get used to it.

I have the exact same issues.  I was hoping it was due to NO Yaw Dampening available in the CJ4, but with the new mod, the YD now turns on fine, BUT NO change in the ERRATIC horrible behavior at takeoff.  I use Thrustmaster TC16000M and the TWCS throttle which works fine on every thing except this TAKE OFF roller coaster ride.

WAT1460.png

24 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I have the exact same issues.  I was hoping it was due to NO Yaw Dampening available in the CJ4, but with the new mod, the YD now turns on fine, BUT NO change in the ERRATIC horrible behavior at takeoff.  I use Thrustmaster TC16000M and the TWCS throttle which works fine on every thing except this TAKE OFF roller coaster ride.

One thing I was doing in the tbm was going into the aircraft.cfg file and upping the stability numbers from .25 to 1.25. What I noticed is that the physical airplane still bounces around but the airspeed and vertical speed fluctuations are much less and are mote stable. I’m curious if the physical movements are hard coded. Anyways, I don’t want to derail the thread.

Matt kubanda