Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

This is fantastic, combining all my favorite mods so far! Maybe there is still hope for this game becoming a sim.

I know this is still using MSFS autopilot, but does it have the error introduced with the patch where AP immediately starts chasing the alt selector bug? Even when alt capped I was having this, and it makes it unflyable for me (cant select a next step down prior to reaching it). 

6 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

I know this is still using MSFS autopilot, but does it have the error introduced with the patch where AP immediately starts chasing the alt selector bug? Even when alt capped I was having this, and it makes it unflyable for me (cant select a next step down prior to reaching it). 

You know, I don't recall seeing that behavior, but I'll give it a test today and see what happens. We haven't really touched an AP related code, so I would be surprised if we would offer either an improvement or a breakage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

This is fantastic, combining all my favorite mods so far! Maybe there is still hope for this game becoming a sim.

Yes, unfortunately it does have the same bug.  Once in ALT mode, it shouldn't move from that altitude until you put it in another vertical mode (VS, PITCH, VNAV, FLC)

15 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

You know, I don't recall seeing that behavior, but I'll give it a test today and see what happens. We haven't really touched an AP related code, so I would be surprised if we would offer either an improvement or a breakage.

This is happening with or without any mods. I had the mods, my friend had stock and reported the same. Just climb (VS) until alt cap/level, wait a bit and then see if changing the altitude selector will make the airplane enter a climb/descent, chasing the selector. Particularly annoying during star, or approaches. Thanks for the hard work! I truly had given up on msfs, even cancelled my gamepass for October, but this mod may be what keeps me for a little longer.

30 minutes ago, shadow133 said:

I confirm this behavior. Workaround is to be prepared for this to happen and quickly get on VS and adjust accordingly after selecting new ALT. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
i9-9900K - EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra Gaming - 32GB DDR4 3200 - EVGA Z390 FTW - Windows 10 Pro

12 hours ago, raymar said:

Thanks. I am not really looking for Flight Safety manuals, just enough basic info to plan and fly in the flight sim. 

Well, on Flightsafety or Simcom manuals I can only tell you - keep looking.

On eBay you can sometimes get unbelievable deals with some luck and patience.I got unused Flightsafety manual for Twin Otter for $39 and Dash-8 POH for $45. Bizjets, B200 & B350 have best deals. CJ4 applies here.

This is a category to watch: https://www.ebay.com/b/Aviation-Repair-Manuals-Literature/50453/bn_583687, filtered for Citation: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=citation&_sacat=50453&_sop=15. Just drill down from cheapest 😉

&

Edited by sholay

ugcx_banner.png

I think you can click VS FIRST and that would lock VS in at 0, then adjust the selected altitude and command VS when you're ready. Definitely not reflective of reality but a workaround for now...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

20 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

I think you can click VS FIRST and that would lock VS in at 0, then adjust the selected altitude and command VS when you're ready. Definitely not reflective of reality but a workaround for now...

Awesome, glad to know Im not the only one with the issue. Yeah, I was doing that and it gets pretty annoying, the whole aircraft and FS bugs are already a pain to work through that I can`t concentrate on the flight itself. Yesterday I ended up 20 nm off route due to a cdi that wouldn`t center on the correct VOR radial (GEG). Thanks for improving what MS/Asobo isn`t!

For guys with sensitivity issues (haha) - try changing to -20 or -30% 

That helped me out a lot

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, KenG said:

MSFS on VATSIM means file /A or /W. Of course VATSIM's flight plan format is a decade out of date and anyone operating today should use the ICAO format for anything other than VFR flights. 

Didn’t VATSIM just update their online flight plan filing system?

37 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

For guys with sensitivity issues (haha) - try changing to -20 or -30% 

That helped me out a lot

Sensitivity settings were removed in last week's patch by ASOBO .  I'm gonna try to FSUIPC 7 calibrations and see if that helps.

Edited by vcarlo

WAT1460.png

20 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Sensitivity settings were removed in last week's patch by ASOBO .  I'm gonna try to FSUIPC 7 calibrations and see if that helps.

Oh - well they seem to have stuck on in my install

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well it is probably my control of the aircraft but my CJ4 (with only this mod in the community folder) seems to want to fly to the stars with AP on. I set an altitude to fly to of 180 but it sails on past 180. I have a full flight plan loaded and on the screens but it does not seem too keen on that either. I have no problem getting the default A320 to follow the flight plan in autopilot.

Can someone give me a five bullet point or similar to go from wheels just lifted off to following the flight plan on autopilot at 18000ft please.

Thanks

CJ