Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

25 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Matt, I hope you don't mind, I'm placing this into our project board for experimentation. We haven't even begun to look at flight model, so I want to record this for later consideration.

Absolutely, do what you feel is beat for the project!

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

5 minutes ago, FNAL said:

This definitely made a difference, I jsut tested it.  Feels a lot more solid but there is still a little bounciness left over.  Perhaps that is deep in the aerodynamics simulation or something that could be rectified from messing with the flight model config I don't know but it's a head start.  I'm sure Asobo will be making flight model changes as well in the future

👍

That’s what I experience as well. It’s much better but still squirrelly during rotation on takeoff and in flight. I’ll fiddle with the file more and see what I come up with.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

12 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

does anyone knows how to swap coms? com1/recall? where is magic switch?

I don't think it works.   Use the TUN button on FMC.  Type in new freq and hit COM 1 (this is what I do).  Lot slower than having a standby freq but just another work around !

WAT1460.png

Im also trying to figure out 

12 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

I dont use comms, but found that if I want to hear an atis on com2 I had to highlight it on the atc windows, besides tuning it on the tun fms page. I am still trying to find out how to change nav on autopilot, since the nav switch apparently just changes the source on the pfd, but the autopilot is still tracking the fms no matter what I do.

1 minute ago, shadow133 said:

I am still trying to find out how to change nav on autopilot, since the nav switch apparently just changes the source on the pfd, but the autopilot is still tracking the fms no matter what I do.

The autopilot should be following whatever NAV source is active in the PFD. Are you trying to NAV to a VOR and you've setup a TO course and it isn't following?

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

I don't think it works.   Use the TUN button on FMC.  Type in new freq and hit COM 1 (this is what I do).  Lot slower than having a standby freq but just another work around !

thats pretty bad for vatsim, but how it is swaping in real life? there is no such command in TUN page. you can edit recall but how to swap it??

9 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

thats pretty bad for vatsim, but how it is swaping in real life? there is no such command in TUN page. you can edit recall but how to swap it??

Swapping is done by pressing the COM1 or COM2 line select key and it'll swap in the freq from the recall.  I don't think it works right now though, we will add it in.

18 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

33 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

1 minute ago, FNAL said:

Swapping is done by pressing the COM1 or COM2 line select key and it'll swap in the freq from the recall.  I don't think it works right now though, we will add it in.

Added to issues list...

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

26 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

The autopilot should be following whatever NAV source is active in the PFD. Are you trying to NAV to a VOR and you've setup a TO course and it isn't following?

It isnt. PFD shows LOC1 (or vor1/2) identified, but when I engage nav or apr on autopilot it tracks the fms route and shows as fms1 on the ap status. Pressing nav swtich again (on top of pfd) will cycle them visually on pfd but not do anything to autopilot nav mode!

If I reload or change the arrival and do random stuff (switch nav/hdg or nav/rol) eventually it goes to loc/gs, but it is not working with a simple nav switch button.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so so much. I was really looking forward to fly a bizjet when MSFS was going to come out! I wasn't very dissapointed but seeing how much they didn't implement, a little. 
A massive thanks to all of you who have been working on this project! Really appreciate it! 

11 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, the custom font we built that is used on the PFD and MFD is much more accurate now, but we haven't gotten to overhauling the layout and sizing of those elements yet. It's difficult because many of those sizes are actually hardcoded in the relevant javascript and that same PFD and MFD code is actually shared by every jet flight deck in the sim. So, we've had to be careful during the first phase not to break all the other aircraft. We're very conscious of keeping our changes safe.

We will definitely be improving that all in the future!

Hey Guys on the CJ4 Team, I took your new bird up for a short flight today, KASE - KSLC and everything worked perfectly for me.  It does indeed look and fly totally different.  I was half way into a second and longer flight from KPDX to KPHX and I bumped my flight stick by mistake and added full flaps. 

As expected the CJ4 went a little crazy and I ended up having to reboot the system and start over.  Moral of the story is don't bump into things when flying high.

Thanks again for all this wonderful work.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

20 hours ago, FNAL said:

None of the performance data is public and you will have a hard time finding any information on it unless you have direct access to the aircraft.  I suppose you will have to take my word that the performance numbers are accurate to the real aircraft performance charts

I find it very difficult to believe you can't find a CJ4 POH or AFM online. 

6 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Would you happen to have a pdf handy?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Definitely worth a shot! When you find it, absolutely let the folks in this thread know, that would help a bunch of folks when they're flying this bird.