Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

I found two pdf files in my archives but they are all text (almost) and can probably still be found with some intensive searches.  Be sure to specify pdf in the search line.

covers_cj4.jpg.6f249bb944a800f324dbb80bdc940ab5.jpg

Some interesting analysis by Fred George at BCA in 2010 is still out there for download. It is 9 pages packed with good info, charts, graphs, photos, etc. This will get you started if you wish to search for the full article.

theimage_522_cover_bca_2010_fred_george.JPG.73365d48b7bc6baeceda0530b9977a11.JPG

BCA_10_pg_2010_analysis_fred_george.thumb.JPG.38fb41dec9fe761ff229e22ff3eba806.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

This sheet alone has a world of information for mission planning. Be sure to read the Assumption box a couple of times.

191050332_2627.JPG.e67b240f68f4ccbbd461be8c88101163.JPG

• Like 3

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

7 hours ago, shadow133 said:

It isnt. PFD shows LOC1 (or vor1/2) identified, but when I engage nav or apr on autopilot it tracks the fms route and shows as fms1 on the ap status. Pressing nav swtich again (on top of pfd) will cycle them visually on pfd but not do anything to autopilot nav mode!

If I reload or change the arrival and do random stuff (switch nav/hdg or nav/rol) eventually it goes to loc/gs, but it is not working with a simple nav switch button.

I can agree on that. Had the same problem, wanted to do an VOR approach into St. Tropez but ended up to fly completely visual lol. I know that this was working on the default CJ4 before patch 1.8.3.0. But maybe it isn't the mod, and is more another nasty bug from the latest patch? LMAO

Anyway, amazing mod thank you so much! Even if this is just a beta you already improved the default CJ4 a ton 😀

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DAL521 said:

I can agree on that. Had the same problem, wanted to do an VOR approach into St. Tropez but ended up to fly completely visual lol. I know that this was working on the default CJ4 before patch 1.8.3.0. But maybe it isn't the mod, and is more another nasty bug from the latest patch? LMAO

Anyway, amazing mod thank you so much! Even if this is just a beta you already improved the default CJ4 a ton 😀

This is very odd because I've flown a handful of ILS approaches during testing...hmm haven't tried a VOR, I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow....

• Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

further tests shows that pfd readability is a problem font size, position and color forcing me to zoom maximum close so i cant see the runway on approach. green digits of speed  can sure be brighter. im concerned if it hardcoded and took forever to mod😒

27 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

further tests shows that pfd readability is a problem font size, position and color forcing me to zoom maximum close so i cant see the runway on approach. green digits of speed  can sure be brighter. im concerned if it hardcoded and took forever to mod😒

PFD visibility is on our list. Fear not.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Simply SUPERB !!!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 hours ago, cwburnett said:

This is very odd because I've flown a handful of ILS approaches during testing...hmm haven't tried a VOR, I'll see if I can figure it out tomorrow....

I have to add that I also only flown a ILS with APP mode, never used the NAV mode. The VOR's I've done was always on a outbound radial where I used HDG mode. Maybe the NAV mode is by default buged?

Edit: The only time I used NAV mode was when I wanted to fly a Localizer, and that didn't worked very well. This was short after release of the Sim.

Edited by DAL521

Is this the same Mod (and designers) that was done for CJ2 / FSX P3D ?

If so, was that one completed without further problems as new versions of the sim were released and is it still supported by the community (designers)?

Edited by vonmar
spelling

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

2 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Is this the same Mod (and designers) that was done for CRJ / FSX P3D ?

If so, was that one completed without further problems as new versions of the sim were released and is it still supported ?

We are a totally different group. I can't say that I'm familiar with a CRJ mod for FSX/P3D. This is a freeware modification.

5 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

We are a totally different group. I can't say that I'm familiar with a CRJ mod for FSX/P3D. This is a freeware modification.

That was a typo / spelling error which I corrected to CJ2 .

Are you one of the designers on the new Mod ?

Best Regards,

Just now, vonmar said:

That was a typo / spelling error which I corrected to CJ2 .

Are you one of the designers on the new Mod ?

Yes I am. I am one of the developers as well as the designer of the flight deck fonts. The core team is currently comprised of 4 professional developers and 2 pilots (one with extensive CJ4 experience).

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

Yes I am. I am one of the developers as well as the designer of the flight deck fonts. The core team is currently comprised of 4 professional developers and 2 pilots (one with extensive CJ4 experience).

Ok,

My question was basically about continued Support by the Community.

After a while family problems and home life / other obligations can get in the way of continuing Mod (product) support as Flight Sim updates are released.

The CJ2 Mod information was in this forum :
Carenado support CJ2 area but I have not found the posts for the previous Mod yet:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/753-525a-citation-cj2-hd-series-for-fsx-p3d/

Best Regards,