Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

6 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Looks like a bug! Would you mind adding it to our issues list and we'll take a look at it? We discussed our plans for bug fixes and feature rollouts, and I think we'll be shooting for weekly batched bug fixes, with feature updates spread out a bit more based on when we have new features to share. So, in the next day or so, we'll go through the accumulated reported bugs and try and bang out fixes where possible for this coming weekend....

EDIT: I should clarify that this isn't a firm commitment to roll out weekly bug fixes, just that we've generally discussed that as a cadence for the near-term as we work on this project.

I guess I need a login for that.  Additionally, if able, a DME readout when you tune a VOR would be cool.  I don't think the default version had that either.  It's like I've got to navigate in the stone age with glass haha.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I guess I need a login for that.  Additionally, if able, a DME readout when you tune a VOR would be cool.  I don't think the default version had that either.  It's like I've got to navigate in the stone age with glass haha.

Oh, yea, I'll add it to the existing issue about the DME actually. The DME/HSI is the issue we've seen the most, I've merged about 5 or 6 for that already, so I'll add this issue to that.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

2 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

today on vatsim i was unable to tune 133.22 munich radar fms was saying invalid entry😓

added to list.

• Like 1

Since the update have noticed ATC keeps requesting transponder reset when checking out. Multiple times (online initially) on every flight.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

3 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Since the update have noticed ATC keeps requesting transponder reset when checking out. Multiple times (online initially) on every flight.

When you say 'checking out' what do you mean?

Is the transponder code in the PFD matching what's in the FMS for you when this happens? Or is it if the ATC window tries to set a new code that it's barfing then?

After a lot of testing I think somehow my sensitivity settings got "corrupted" as I only experiencing this problem from this afternoon.  CW you gave me a clue when you mentioned that you will do a video showing the yoke.  I did a takeoff with the yoke in view and could immediately see that a small input on my Saltek yoke is making a 90 degree yoke turn in the aircraft.  With Sensitivity settings currently not working I'll just have to wait.

Edited by Willem Clack

37 minutes ago, cwburnett said:

Ray, I was thinking that once we get to do a bit more work on the flight model, fuel consumption, etc that we'd do a simbrief and LNM performance profile. I'm not sure it's worth doing it now since the performance is still a ways off from reality...

Yep, I ran out of fuel at 2:15 hours at FL360 about an hour ago. We will wait.  Thanks.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

7 minutes ago, raymar said:

Yep, I ran out of fuel at 2:15 hours at FL360 about an hour ago. We will wait.  Thanks.

Make sure to keep an eye on the fuel management pages so you know your range 😉

You'll find that right now, you'll get the best range and speed at about 25,000'. Crazy, but it is what it is right now.

Just now, cwburnett said:

Make sure to keep an eye on the fuel management pages so you know your range 😉

You'll find that right now, you'll get the best range and speed at about 25,000'. Crazy, but it is what it is right now.

Who wudda thunk it?  LNM has a bunch of statistics available. I will start capturing some the data and see if any of it makes any sense later on or might be helpful.

Is the climb profile 240 kts/0.64 close?  How about descent profile 2,000 fpm normal/3,000 fpm high speed?

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

11 minutes ago, raymar said:

Is the climb profile 240 kts/0.64 close?  How about descent profile 2,000 fpm normal/3,000 fpm high speed?

That's all good, yes. I usually climb at about 250/270/.65 but close enough. And yea, I tend to descend at about 2500 fpm, up to 3000-3500 if I'm late.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BackboneOne said:

today on vatsim i was unable to tune 133.22 munich radar fms was saying invalid entry😓

I believe that the correct 8.33khz spacing channel would be 133.225. Sometimes controllers only call 5 digits, but for 6 digit radios you need the last number. There is no 133.220 channel in either 25khz (US) or 8.33khz (EU) channel spacing. The channels actually go from 133.215 to 133.225, then to 133.230.

The funky thing about 8.33khz spacing is that the numbers on the dial are a shorthand channel number, and not an exact Mhz frequency, because those would be too long. So you end up with:

Channel | Real Freq
133.000 | 133.000
133.005	| 133.000 //Yep, twice
133.010 | 133.0083333
133.015 | 133.0166666
133.025 | 133.025
etc

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BackboneOne said:

On Vpilot you can enter also frequencies or a Squawk code Manually.

To enter a Frequency type .com1 (frequency) without () e.g. .com1 122.800

For a Squawk code enter .x (squawk) e.g. .x 2200

You can use this as a turnaround for now.

Edit: See MattNischan post above, it answers everything.

Edited by DAL521

2 minutes ago, DAL521 said:

You can use this as a turnaround for now.

I suppose what I was getting at with the description of the 8.33khz spacing is that this is not a bug with the FMS TUNE page. It only accepts valid 8.33khz channels, of which 133.220 is not one. If ATC calls 133.22, or you see that on a chart, you would enter 133.225 in the radio, and all is good.

However, I don't blame anyone for being confused, 8.33khz channels are really unintuitive! In the future we'll also be making active the FMC option to set to 25khz spacing (available in the real unit), which would then only accept valid 25khz channels.

• Like 2