Sign in to follow this  
cwburnett

CJ4 Community Mod by Working Title Released

28 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I suppose what I was getting at with the description of the 8.33khz spacing is that this is not a bug with the FMS TUNE page. It only accepts valid 8.33khz channels, of which 133.220 is not one. If ATC calls 133.22, or you see that on a chart, you would enter 133.225 in the radio, and all is good.

However, I don't blame anyone for being confused, 8.33khz channels are really unintuitive! In the future we'll also be making active the FMC option to set to 25khz spacing (available in the real unit), which would then only accept valid 25khz channels.

I wrote my post before I've seen yours, sorry.

As European i'm not so confused with 8.33khz, but what confusing is, is Vatsim. I didn't know that entering 133.225 will work for a ATC which have set 133.220.

But thanks for explaining everything. 

Edited by DAL521

3 hours ago, cwburnett said:

When you say 'checking out' what do you mean?

Is the transponder code in the PFD matching what's in the FMS for you when this happens? Or is it if the ATC window tries to set a new code that it's barfing then?

Sorry should have read 'checking in'.  Checking out is clearly what I do when typing on here 🙂

Will take a look but IIRC this was with the AI flying it so might not be populating on its own. Will verify good idea!

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

30 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

Sorry should have read 'checking in'.  Checking out is clearly what I do when typing on here 🙂

Will take a look but IIRC this was with the AI flying it so might not be populating on its own. Will verify good idea!

Let me know, if you don't get it sorted, we'll add it to the list.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

So, I did a quick and dirty video (sorry it ended up a bit choppy, I forgot to reset my recording settings after the NVIDIA update)... for reference, I have my pitch sensitivity at -50% and roll at 0%.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

@cwburnett Is there a way to get the HSI now?  I think before one would press FRMT.  There seems to be a difference between the TUN page and what is shown when I turn on BRG pointers.  Essentially, I cannot tune a VOR and use the HSI anymore.

Note that I have GEP VORTAC 117.30 tuned in the FMS but the BRG pointers say 108.000

50372309961_1824ebac36_o.pngCJ4rmi by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Dont use the small PFD menu window on the pfd to tune vors, leave that to off. It makes zero sense, but my vor will only display if my bearing is set to off on that menu. Perhaps some intern added that function and forgot to tell  Asobo?

I just figured out that the current (unstable version from GitHub) A320Neo Mod from FlyByWire is effecting the CJ4 in general, not just this Mod.

The problem is, the Anti-Ice switches are always lit, even when they're off. When i remove the Mod the problem is gone. The question is now, what else is effected, and how many aircrafts? I'll keep the 320 Mod out for now.

Edited by DAL521

7 hours ago, cwburnett said:

So, I did a quick and dirty video (sorry it ended up a bit choppy, I forgot to reset my recording settings after the NVIDIA update)... for reference, I have my pitch sensitivity at -50% and roll at 0%.

Did you go FLC on T/O? V/S is generally used for descents. Should not need/be full nose up trim for approach/landing?

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Already said thanks but I want to repeat them!

Am on my second flight having had a perfect trip from KRIC to KGNV and the FMC performed beyond my expectations.

The default was almost unusable but this is a world apart.  Great to have total distance, ETE, fuel management and so on.  Managed also to set a procedure via the FMC and the bird flew it flawlessly.

Very much looking forward to seeing what else you can do but I no longer feel compelled to go to XP to fly this one.  Terrific work.

Edited by Paul_Yorks

Paul Skol

14 hours ago, cwburnett said:

Thanks for the video.  I am trying to find out if I am the only one with issues noted below.  I use a Thrustmaster T16000M joystick and throttle. I have calibrated till I am blue in the face.  I have completed the FSUIPC 7 recommendations as noted in Tips and Tricks. 

In your video between the 9:50 and 10:00 minute marks, you perform a smooth take off and climb out..  At this point of my flight (every time), my left wing dips then my right wing dips several times until I can finally get control about 1 minute into my climb using AP -HDG sync - and YD. I have flown in these sims > FS2004, FSX, P3D (all versions) and never had this constantly happen with any of my hardware EVER !.

Can some kind soul help me figure out how to take off as in YOUR video.  Thank you. 😉

WAT1460.png

Thanks to all that are working on this. I ran into an issue last night and I’m not sure if it’s a functionality still to be developed or if it was an error on my part.

Flew a short flight CYHZ-CYQY on a direct flight plan and was cleared for an RNAV approach and cleared direct to a waypoint. I was able to load up the RNAV approach including that waypoint but when I tried to select direct to, the waypoint in question wasn’t available for me to select. It appeared that Only the original flightplan could be selected for direct to?

Thanks

Edited by regis9
Fixed some words

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 minute ago, regis9 said:

Thanks to all that are working on this. I ran into an issue last night and I’m not sure if it’s a functionality still to be developed or if it was an error on my part.

Flew a short flight CYHZ-CYQY on a direct flight plan and was cleared for an RNAV approach and cleared direct to a waypoint. I was able to load up the RNAV approach I clueing that waypoi t but when I tried to select direct to, the waypoint in question wasn’t available for me to select. It appeared that Only the original flightplan could be selected for direct to?

Thanks

right now - yes, you can go direct only to waypoint from your flight plan, you will not see in DIR waypoints from approach. the workaround is to manualy type waypoint name in DIR, that was what i done yesterday on vatsim when controller gave me direct to waypoint from RNAV transition at EDDT .

• Like 1

Thanks!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

42 minutes ago, BackboneOne said:

right now - yes, you can go direct only to waypoint from your flight plan, you will not see in DIR waypoints from approach. the workaround is to manualy type waypoint name in DIR, that was what i done yesterday on vatsim when controller gave me direct to waypoint from RNAV transition at EDDT .

47 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It appeared that Only the original flightplan could be selected for direct to?

You should see the FIRST waypoint of your loaded approach. Because of the way the default flightplanmanager manages the approach part of the flight plan, I was only able to get Direct To to work for the IAF, not any other approach fix. So if you load an approach and select the desired transition, the IAF for that approach/transition combination will(should) appear on the Direct To page and you can head straight there, but you can't go to any other intermediate or final approach fix on the approach procedure.