Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

The Freeware Airports Are Exactly Like I Imagined

The SDK isn't even finished and the quality of the freeware airports is amazing. Since the default objects and materials look so good, a lot of this freeware is literally payware quality. The freeware developers never cease to amaze me.

Also this website is pretty awesome, it has decent UI without any ads really.https://flightsim.to/ I've bookmarked it and am loving it.

• Like 10

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Agree that flightsim.to is a very nice website for downloading and organizing free MSFS addons. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Yeah it's pretty awesome. I love how you can get notifications for updates. That's literally my only peeve with freeware, since they often won't have an updater it's hard to keep track if the developer makes changes unless you go out of your way to check. Here they just send a notification. Easy.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

1 hour ago, suncoastflyer said:

https://flightsim.to/ I've bookmarked it and am loving it.

WOW this site is WAY better than MSFSaddons. I hate the long blog posts and messiness with MSFSaddons, and it’s clear someone set it up as a money grab operation. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Love that site a lot. For Tuscany, there are lots of photogrammetry cities available now 🙂 I also like the layout and changelog visualization.

But yeah! Default airports for me are "good enough", at least for now.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I was quite positive about the future of MSFS already pre-release (I was an alpha tester) but the sheer amount of good addons - payware as well as freeware alike - surfacing within a month(!) left even me speechless.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

7 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

The SDK isn't even finished and the quality of the freeware airports is amazing. Since the default objects and materials look so good, a lot of this freeware is literally payware quality. The freeware developers never cease to amaze me.

Also this website is pretty awesome, it has decent UI without any ads really.https://flightsim.to/ I've bookmarked it and am loving it.

Actually that is because of the decent Scenery editor that comes with MSFS, you don't need to install any programs or what so ever, you just need to enable the Developer mode in MSFS and you are good to go. What is the best about it, you see the results immediately in real time which makes scenery developing super easy.  

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

I love this website too. Don't forget to give the makers a coffee (donate)!