Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

Defeating MSFS 2020 - Alienware?

Thank for sharing it. Taking a look. 

by the way, does more memory (128gb) makes any difference in performance?

39 minutes ago, mikegrr said:

I have priced out various configs on different manufactures. I believe Alienware is competitive if not cheaper. I'm still waiting for the right price on a PC with a 3080card.

I tried other pre-build and the prices were a lot higher

1 minute ago, Huascar said:

Thank for sharing it. Taking a look. 

by the way, does more memory (128gb) makes any difference in performance?

No if you look at all the hi-end rig reviews, nobody has been able to take advantage of more than 32GB thus far

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

1 minute ago, Flyfaster said:

No if you look at all the hi-end rig reviews, nobody has been able to take advantage of more than 32GB thus far

What a waste then

Just a FYI... we LOVE and highly recommend Jetline to all of our Military/Govt clients.  Reason 1: systems.  They come fully installed and ready to "fly".  2. Support.  they're the ones helping you.  Not some person who doesn't really know the system and will tell you to send it to them for fixing...  3.  Price. You get what you pay for and it's totally fair.  4.  Each and every system is built by them.  Which means, you're getting the good stuff.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Huascar said:

Any suggestions? You always overpay with Alienware but for the next five years I won’t have to worry about hardware or accidental damage. If MSFS still stutters on this, I will give up on simulation forever. Any experiences on the latest hardware technology?

- Alienware Aurora R11

- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X

- 10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

- 128GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHZ

2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit English

FS2020 runs great on my rig. No complaints.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

My friend.. If you have that kind of money, you are better off building a real "movable" sim. Why throw throw away your money on a computer that WILL NOT fly MSFS2020 the way we'd love to see? You can build the same or better with a lot less that what those computer are sold for. 

- 128 Gb of RAM ? I hope you're not trolling us. lol  I have 32Gb of RAM and even with all settings at Ultra, I barely use 60% of that.  It will be another 20 years before  we need 128Gb of RAM. 

- Best Advice:  Build your own computer !!

6 minutes ago, joemiller said:

My friend.. If you have that kind of money, you are better off building a real "movable" sim. Why throw throw away your money on a computer that WILL NOT fly MSFS2020 the way we'd love to see? You can build the same or better with a lot less that what those computer are sold for. 

- 128 Gb of RAM ? I hope you're not trolling us. lol  I have 32Gb of RAM and even with all settings at Ultra, I barely use 60% of that.  It will be another 20 years before  we need 128Gb of RAM. 

I get your point but I am currently on a 90 day deployment and don’t have the time to build one. When I get back, that will be my toy. I only had the option of 128gb or else Alienware wouldn’t sale me one. Want 3080, need 128gb. We’re making companies rich my friend 

58 minutes ago, Huascar said:

The above computer as configured cost me $3800, including taxes and five years of accidental and hardware damage.

they only have 128gb of ram that’s why the price was high. It’s nice to burn your graphics card and have the company send you a replacement.

by the way, it also comes with Alienware command center to overclock without messing with bios.

will MSFS run better on 128gb of memory?

Its just a luxury if you can pay it is fine.. Burning a GPU only if you OC and i guess Alienware doesnt allow that.. So seems like they are selling something that you wont use but again is a luxury if you wanna pay it its fine..

With $4,000USD in Newegg i guess i can get something better..

I can recommend Falcon Northwest.  Roughly as pricey as Alienware or Jetline but top notch quality and support.  Their builds are as elegant as any premade PC I have ever seen.

You really don't need data drives anymore.  One decent sized M.2 SSD stick is plenty. Gone are the days where you needed to get more spindles for performance.

1 hour ago, Huascar said:

The above computer as configured cost me $3800,

3800 ... I assume USD ...  won't even buy you a certain 2080ti at Amazon AU and you get a whole computer.  A good enough reason to immigrate LOL

Good luck to you

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

32 minutes ago, Huascar said:

Next time I will be my own. Again no parts available 

Would avoid Newegg and FWIW we always have bought Dell and never an issue. Further their driver and BIOS support is nice and seamless.

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

Two caveats:  Alienware was bought out by Dell several years back. Plus, you will probably pay more for a lot of eye candy (but the PC is certainly cool looking).  Very good overall performance for your $$$ - that's the question...

We just built new rigs with more-or-less the latest and greatest. I'm not sure Alienware is that much more expensive. 😛

I'm still on my 1080ti, but at 3840x1600 on Ultra, I can fly around NYC with ~25 FPS. Sydney, Australia was actually way worse. We're hoping to score the 3080s whenever they are available.