Sign in to follow this  
Huascar

Defeating MSFS 2020 - Alienware?

128GB is overkill unless you have a use case for that amount, right now the simulator doesn't seem to saturate 32GB in any scenario so 64GB should be plenty for years to come if you want to feel more secure with upcoming add-ons and engine upgrades.

Also, if you want to eliminate stutters as much as possible right now, you'll need the best CPU you can get. With the Zen 3 line-up announcement in just a little more than a couple of weeks from now, I think it would be wise to hold on a little longer, unless you are left without a system and need a new one right now.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Huascar said:

Any suggestions? You always overpay with Alienware but for the next five years I won’t have to worry about hardware or accidental damage. If MSFS still stutters on this, I will give up on simulation forever. Any experiences on the latest hardware technology?

- Alienware Aurora R11

- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X

- 10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

- 128GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHZ

2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply

Windows 10 Pro, 64bit English

Yes, and when it still stutters you can throw the whole system out the window in frustration!

Chris Camp

I allways buy alienware, its the easy way and you get the latest and greatest, cant be bothered with buying the parts myself, wouldnt know what to do with them anyway.

20 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Yes, and when it still stutters you can throw the whole system out the window in frustration!

What stutters, i dont have any stutters. And thats the problem with most gamers, they mess around with settings they have no clue about, leave the word not allowed word not allowed alone and you will be fine, but oh no you all know better.

Edited by OHN767

Alienware this day and age is the most overrated setup there can be.... besides I don't get the comment "you overpay but.."... there is no "but", it's not as if there are any actual alienware brand components that give you an edge, so you can build the exact same stuff for less...

• Upvote 1

MSFS will not run optimally until:

• CPU / GPU scheduling is optimized.
  • DX12 is fully implemented
  • DLSS is fully supported
  • RTX IO data loading has been completed
  • Occlusion Culling is implemented

Greazer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OHN767 said:

I allways buy alienware, its the easy way and you get the latest and greatest, cant be bothered with buying the parts myself, wouldnt know what to do with them anyway.

It's fun and not difficult to build the computer.  Just watch a video on youtube and copy. Then you will have the confidence to do upgrades in future.

Greazer.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 10:26 PM, FlyIce said:

Building your own computer is super easy these days. In the old days installing OS and various drivers could always turn into giant headaches, but with today's Windows 10 and internet everything runs at the first click. Also cases and liquid coolers today are very well designed, making actual hardware assembling really easy and simple. 

I just built a 10850K, ASUS XII motherboard, 2x 16GB, 512GB + 1TB NVME SSD, 360mm AIO cooling, 850W PS, Fractal S2 case, for $1600, only missing a 3090 to be complete. Using my old Titan XP just to get by.  

The 3090 is more than all the rest of the stuff put together!

1 hour ago, Mgard78 said:

Alienware this day and age is the most overrated setup there can be.... besides I don't get the comment "you overpay but.."... there is no "but", it's not as if there are any actual alienware brand components that give you an edge, so you can build the exact same stuff for less...

I purchased because of the long term warranty- 5 years!

3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I guess I am about to find out. P3d is done for me stutters or no stutters

On 9/21/2020 at 4:15 AM, w6kd said:

My last experience (~10 months ago) with Alienware was absolutely dismal.

The offshore support from some guy in a sweatshop in Calcutta was as third-world as it sounds.

Caveat Emptor

Is it still needed to use expressions like “third-world”? Have you ever been to a developing country? It would surely be possible to express your dissatisfaction with Alienware’s support in a less disrespectful manner. 

To the OP: As have been said before, don’t overpay for some irrelevant brand. Nowadays it is pretty simple to build a computer and there a multiple YouTube videos showing the process step-by-step. 

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB GDDR6X
ok

- 10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)
Intel CPU in 2020? No really, no.

- 128GB Dual Channel HyperX(TM) FURY DDR4 XMP at 3200MHZ
Massive overkill for gaming, unless you plan on keeping 32gb and selling the rest. 

2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)
Is it NVME? not that any gamer needs it but...

Dark Side of the Moon chassis with High-Performance CPU Liquid Cooling with and 1000W Power Supply
I bet that case isn't cheap and it won't make your pc faster one bit.
1000W power supply? Why?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

I wouldn't throw money at the problems that this sim has ATM, let Microsoft do that.
It's the only game that has problems on my configuration, and I play every game at max settings. Not only that, I get different fps on the same flight at every restart of the sim. One time it's 20 fps, next restart is 45 fps, I mean, let them sort it out before throwing money around.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

20 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I wouldn't throw money at the problems that this sim has ATM, let Microsoft do that.
It's the only game that has problems on my configuration, and I play every game at max settings. Not only that, I get different fps on the same flight at every restart of the sim. One time it's 20 fps, next restart is 45 fps, I mean, let them sort it out before throwing money around.

I understand your frustration but I think MSFS is the start of an amazing platform. The tide of progress is unstoppable.

• Upvote 1