Sign in to follow this  
EdwardSm

LINDA & FS2020 Issue

I was using LINDA with the FSUIPC7 Beta without issue until my last flight, today. I completed the first leg of the flight without issue using the default C208B. When taking off for the next leg, I reached approximately 60 KIAS, and the plane suddenly flipped over onto its side causing the sim to stop when it detected the plane had crashed. I reloaded the flight immediately however now none of the assigned buttons work and my VRInsight MCP2 Boeing is not registering when starting LINDA. To get the MCP2 recognized, I have to click the "SYNC TO SIM" so it is disconnected then click it again so it is reconnected. Even after doing that none of the assigned buttons will work on any of my devices; which are the MCP2, GoFlight TQ6, and Honeycomb Alpha Yoke. The only way I have been able to get any of my hardware to work again is by deleting all LINDA files and adding a new set of the files from the zip file I have saved on my desktop. Once I add a fresh set of LINDA files, I am able to configure the TQ6 and Alpha Yoke but not the MCP2. After that the Yoke and TQ6 will work until I restart LINDA or FSUIPC7 or FS2020. Once I restart any of those everything goes back to no longer working. Finally, I have noticed that the plane drops as if it had been suspended above the ground by several feet. Something that I have not had happen in FS2020 before. That dropping issue started on the same flight that the LINDA button assignments stopped working. I am not certain if this is a FSUIPC7, LINDA, or FS2020 issue. I do not have a copy of the previous FSUIPC7 Beta to try testing if the issue is present when using an earlier version.

Any suggestions? I am thinking of uninstalling and installing back FS2020. It almost seems to me that something became corrupted in a fluke glitch. Before I do that though, I wanted to ask here just in case it may be a LINDA issue. If it is FSUIPC7 Beta, I would need a prior copy to test with. Which I do not have downloaded.

Edward Smoker Sr.

It not necessarily a FSUIPC or Linda issue. I've had it do that without them specially after active pausing . That being said, there is a FSUPC simconnect disconnect issue that can happen. Visit the FSUIPC forum.

• Upvote 1

This is not a LINDA problem and reinstalling all the files was an unnecessary move.  LINDA has nothing to do with axes.

There are disconnect errors reported between FSUIPC7 and MSFS2020 SimConnect particularly after extended flights. Such disconnects will stop LINDA working with joysticks and MCP. This has been subject to much debate on the FSUIPC support forum. The only fix is to restart FSUIPC7 and/or MSFS2020.

Both FSUIPC7 and LINDA 4.0.x are beta releases (and could argue so is MSFS2020) to identify and fix such issues.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

In that case, I will hold off on a reinstall of FS2020. Although, I may still run a repair on it. Restarting does not work. The only thing that has worked is to delete all LINDA files and install from scratch. Doing that only works for one flight and only for the the yoke and throttle quadrant. It's just very strange that everything was working and suddenly stopped. 

Edward Smoker Sr.

I don’t see why reinstalling LINDA will fix the fault for one flight. It does not make sense.

All I can suggest, as always, is to read and follow the fault diagnosis procedure(under LINDA Support) and email me the logs. Check the fsuipc7.log for any errors reported.

There are new test versions of FSUIPC7 trying to resolve the disconnect problems. See link I sent above. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I just did further testing. If I go into FSUIPC7 and assign the keys everything works fine. Even with the MCP2. If I go into FS2020 and assign keys, those too will work; except for the MCP2 which FS2020 does not recognize. If I try to use LINDA though, nothing works except in the situation I noted above. When I delete all LINDA files and drop them in new copies. So, since key assignments work in FS2020 and in FSUIPC7, this seems to be a LINDA issue. Is there a log or something that I can do to assist in tracking down the root of the issue? I am eager and willing to help. I have greatly enjoyed LINDA for ten years now, I know how exceptional of a software it is; and that it is provided for free does not escape me.

Humbly,

Ed

Edited by EdwardSm

Edward Smoker Sr.

@EdwardSm please read what I posted above and email me the logs. If after following the procedure, you can check the fsuipc7.log for any errors. This will normally highlight anything that is stopping LINDA running correctly. I am here to help users but I do rely on them to provide me with something to work on. A log is far more helpful than a long description.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK