Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

FSX Deluxe Prices

Guest babua

Its about 15 days from launch and its already $49 at some stores. Shees I paid nearly $100 in India with tax!! At what price did MS sell to the big retailers? $30? $20?

Guest LSflyguy

A few large US electronics stores sold FSX at a discount during the first week of its release. I personally paid a bit under $48 for my copy of FSX-Deluxe on Oct. 17. But I haven't seen any major retailers advertising a discount on FSX since it was first released. I tried to buy a discounted copy of FSX-Deluxe from several online retailers, but none of them actually have it in stock. Some of the "bargain" sellers also charge ridiculously high amounts for shipping. What's interesting is that FSX-Deluxe now seems to be completely sold out at my local stores. I've seen a few copies of the standard version (which I wouldn't recommend buying), but none of the Deluxe version. It's possible that Microsoft may have a bigger hit on their hands than they expected, and can't keep up with demand.

Guest triangle

Yeah, I was kinda surprised to see it listing as last week's fourth best PC seller on a fairly large online games place here in Australia.Triangle

>What's interesting is that FSX-Deluxe now seems to be>completely sold out at my local stores. I've seen a few>copies of the standard version (which I wouldn't recommend>buying), but none of the Deluxe version. It's possible that>Microsoft may have a bigger hit on their hands than they>expected, and can't keep up with demand. Who knows, may be you are right.

I got the deluxe version from Circuit city for 47.99 on the release date. Most likley the were ###### at MS for shipping the product 2 weeks prior and then making them keep it in inventory before they could sell it. They had it in a add two weeks before the release date at the 47.99 price. Pretty much caused the price of the sim to dump before the release date.SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

I've been to 6 different stores this week and everyone is sold out of deluxe. I think MS must have had about a 10 to 1 ratio of standard to deluxe because deluxe is all gone in my area. I'm going to have to order it if i want to get it this week.

Guest babua

Initially i will always be deluxe beating standard because we addicts are the first to jump at it and we dont want waiting nor will we buy standard version. However, the standard sales will be a much better indicator of real sales especially for first time buyers of FS series and the average johnny. So, dont know really whether it has been a success. Also, I think the DVD corruption issue probably had delayed fresh stocks till MS sorts out the problem. The prices have crashed but dont know the reason.

Guest SimFan71

Mine came from Circuit City too for the same price ($47.99), though didn't get it until the 19th. Funny thing was, the sales rep when asked didn't even know they had a special display (which honestly was kind of hidden out of the way!) - they thought it would be on the shelf with the other software.

Guest LSflyguy

SimFan71, I had the exact same experience when I purchased my copy from Circuit City on October 17! At first, the sales rep tried to sell me a copy of FS2004, and when I produced the ad for FSX we went hunting all through the software shelves, to no avail. I was on my way to find a manager when I practically tripped over the special display. The display wasn't "hidden away," but it wasn't particularly close to the software section. And several copies of the Standard version were actually labeled (and priced for) Deluxe! Oops. For what it's worth, I bought my copy even though I'm (eventually) getting a free copy as an AVSIM conference registrant. I've been enjoying FSX immensely and have no regrets. Astrodave, where do you come up with the 10 to 1 ratio of Standard to Deluxe? That certainly wasn't what I saw with my own eyes on the first morning of release. Pure unadulterated speculation, I assume? Mr. Nandy, I've found that BOTH versions are currently in short supply at the electronics stores in my area. I've seen a few of the Standard versions scattered here and there, but not a single copy of the Deluxe since it was first released. I'm not sure there are enough "addicts" to account for such apparently enthusiastic sales. I do wish that Microsoft would scrap the "Standard" version. For the $10 price differential (at Circuit City, anyway) you'd be crazy to miss out on the extra features of Deluxe. And at Circuit City's price, Deluxe is an incredible bargain -- I've spent WAY more than that for add-ons!

It is based on my own experiences with the stock that ive seen. In the one store that i went to that actually had deluxe a few weeks ago there was a huge display and buried in between all the standards were 2 copies of deluxe which i opted not to buy since my beta was still functional at that time. Hence, i did a simple ratio of what ive been seeing and it looks like about a 10 to 1 ratio to me, at least in this area. Sorry if my methods offended you :(

Guest babua

All major stores including amazon is giving $10 discount on deluxe version already and they are selling second hand ones too(so early in the day)Simple supply demand equation tells us there is no way in the world retailers will give you discounts if the demand was high and/or supply was limited!!