Sign in to follow this  
1down2upquarks

Adjusting knobs during flight.

On 9/21/2020 at 12:52 PM, CJ1045 said:

I use Matric with an Android Tablet next to my system. It is excellent, completely configurable and looks brilliant. It is also very, very cheap if you have a phone or tablet already that you can use. It is simply software that runs on your MSFS pc and then links to the tablet or phone running the Matric app. You simply assign key strokes to the buttons that you have created for your controls. A couple of examples of what is possible:

Images snipped out

Is there an idiots guide on setting this up with similar templates anywhere please?

On 9/21/2020 at 12:52 PM, CJ1045 said:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Wish Logitech already offered support to FS2020 on their Saitek panels.

I am planning on buying the Saitek autopilot panel, but wont until there is official support for it.

44 minutes ago, Espana Pete said:

Is there an idiots guide on setting this up with similar templates anywhere please?

At the top right of the PC desktop app there is a setup user guide. Worked for me.

CJ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Concorde79 said:

Wish Logitech already offered support to FS2020 on their Saitek panels.

I am planning on buying the Saitek autopilot panel, but wont until there is official support for it.

Logitech does have a updated driver for MSFS2020 and I use the Multi Panel and Switch Panel both with MSFS2020. The only problems I have is the Avionics Master Switch doesn't work (a known problem) and sometimes the AP panel display doesn't come up and you have to unpluig/replug in the USB for it (also a known problem caused by Windows USB power managment) with a workaround at http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Other than those two issues the panels work great (can't comment on the Radio Panel as I don't have that).

The updated Logitech Panel drivers are at https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024692354--Downloads-Flight-Multi-Panel

James

There is another way to solve this.

What I did is change
COCKPIT ZOOM           MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL UP
COCKPIT UNZOOM      MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL DOWN.

This means you wont accidentally zoom when trying to change dials.

Works well, if you have more mouse buttons (4 and 5) you can try those instead of MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON.

Makes a big difference. Would have liked to be able to do CTRL + MOUSE WHEEL UP but for some reason Asobo do not allow this.

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

16 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

There is another way to solve this.

What I did is change
COCKPIT ZOOM           MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL UP
COCKPIT UNZOOM      MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON + MOUSE WHEEL DOWN.

This means you wont accidentally zoom when trying to change dials.

Works well, if you have more mouse buttons (4 and 5) you can try those instead of MOUSE RIGHT BUTTON.

Makes a big difference. Would have liked to be able to do CTRL + MOUSE WHEEL UP but for some reason Asobo do not allow this.

Seen this before but for me at least, when I try to assign mouse right button + [whatever] the sim just doesn't take it, maybe thats just me I dunno after a few attempts I gave up

Thomas Derbyshire

I have notis that some instrument views are static and doesn't move around in turbulence.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

On 9/22/2020 at 2:13 PM, wthomas33065 said:

VR might provide a solution, but the VR rig is going to have to be beefy and it better have really granular detection of your hand motions.  When I tried Aerofly FS2 "under the hood" the VR controls were just not there yet.  Trying to move your "floating" blue hand around the cockpit was an exercise in frustration.

i love the idea of a USB 10 key keypad.  Much more cost effective than that CH Products control pad with the velcro buttons.

I am a bit old school and actually prefer physical switch panels and where feasible force feedback devices so I am not sure VR will ever be my thing, well at least for steam gauge aircraft at any rate, though I can see a VR glass cockpit working Ok once the technology matures.

My experience of CH products is they are about one or two steps above "toy" status, they are kind of the flight sim equivalent of the $50 electric guitars you see at Walmart style outlets at XMAS, playable in a limited fashion - but you never saw the likes of John McLaughlin, Joe Satriani or the late Eddie van Halen ever playing one.

( I still use a set of heavily modified CH pedals but they have been repaired at least a dozen times over the years and are in dire need of yet another disassembly and spray with contact cleaner or replacement of the pots with hall sensors)

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 11/8/2020 at 10:32 PM, sidfadc said:

Seen this before but for me at least, when I try to assign mouse right button + [whatever] the sim just doesn't take it, maybe thats just me I dunno after a few attempts I gave up

A little awkward but I can confirm it works!

Makes a huge difference. I also have right mouse button hold down to allow freelook. 

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

OK this is my issue

I click on UNZOOM COCKPIT VIEW in the Controls under the MOUSE profile
I left click on CLEAR CURRENT INPUT
The top field then shows "START SCANNING"
When I place my mouse in the field and press RMB nothing happens
If I left click to focus in the field it assigns AXIS X+ (whatever that is) and then clicking RMB does nothing

So basically it won't take the RMB input which means I cant then + Mousewheel UP

I've also tried searching for the input, I can see the RMB input, I can select it, but I can't apply + Mousewheel up or down

I've extensively reassigned lots of other controls but this is a nightmare, no idea whether this is a bug or I'm doing something stupid.

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

1 minute ago, sidfadc said:

OK this is my issue

I click on UNZOOM COCKPIT VIEW in the Controls under the MOUSE profile
I left click on CLEAR CURRENT INPUT
The top field then shows "START SCANNING"
When I place my mouse in the field and press RMB nothing happens
If I left click to focus in the field it assigns AXIS X+ (whatever that is) and then clicking RMB does nothing

So basically it won't take the RMB input which means I can then + Mousewheel UP

I've extensively reassigned lots of other controls but this is a nightmare, no idea whether this is a bug or I'm doing something stupid.

That's because you are moving your mouse up/down (AXIS X) very slightly as you press the button and try to move the wheel, perhaps try holding your mouse midair so it doesnt register a mouse move! 😂

2 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

That's because you are moving your mouse up/down (AXIS X) very slightly as you press the button and try to move the wheel, perhaps try holding your mouse midair so it doesnt register a mouse move! 😂

You sir are correct and just figured this out hahaha, very frustrating!

Thomas Derbyshire

I use a vrinsight MCP 2 hardware, it's great, just need to use Linda and fsuipc to run it

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 9/21/2020 at 1:52 PM, CJ1045 said:

I use Matric with an Android Tablet next to my system. It is excellent, completely configurable and looks brilliant. It is also very, very cheap if you have a phone or tablet already that you can use. It is simply software that runs on your MSFS pc and then links to the tablet or phone running the Matric app. You simply assign key strokes to the buttons that you have created for your controls. A couple of examples of what is possible:

ss3.png

Quite cool. Unfortunately only for Android. Anybody knows of a comparable iOS software?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Cool looking app. If anyone want to give it a go, it can be found here: https://matricapp.com/

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.