Sign in to follow this  
greengriffon

Replacing AI Soar Airlines and the other ones?

Guest sebring

I know in FS9 someone provided some AI planes like USAir and other legit airlines that replaced the default Soar airlines and the others. Are they avilable for FSX and if so where can I find them?Thanks

You have several options available for you to replace the default AI with much more FPS-friendly models, but if you're new to AI replacement, I would suggest you download the new World Of AI installer that was posted on Avsim about a week ago.Once you install that, you can download any WOAI airline package they have published and install it into FSX. I'm not sure if they have USAir, but they have most of the major carriers available and the mdoels look great.Best of all, your FPS will go up when you get rid of the default AI in FSX. The default AI models are the same as the flyable aircraft models - really high on polygons and I don't think they use LOD models (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that).Also, if you own Ultimate Traffic, you can import that into FSX. CHeck out the tutorial posted here:http://dutton.fsblogger.com/If you have Traffic 2005, they just released a compatibility patch to bring that over into FSX.However, both of those programs are payware. World Of AI is free.http://www.world-of-ai.com/Enjoy,GG