Sign in to follow this  
zonda12s

M20R speed brakes

Flying the lovely Carenado M20R Ovation in MSFS just now and although enjoying the extra workload this airplane provides I’m having an issue deploying the speed brakes. In settings they are successfully bonded to an axis on my throttle quadrant as well as a toggle switch for extend/retract. Anyone got theirs working?

@zonda12s

I moved your post to the support area since you posted it in the Tips and Tricks area. That section is only for posting tips not for support inquiries.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 hours ago, zonda12s said:

Flying the lovely Carenado M20R Ovation in MSFS just now and although enjoying the extra workload this airplane provides I’m having an issue deploying the speed brakes. In settings they are successfully bonded to an axis on my throttle quadrant as well as a toggle switch for extend/retract. Anyone got theirs working?

Yes, bind Spoilers to your controller. Spoilers, not speed brakes. They work great.

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

25 minutes ago, raymar said:

Yes, bind Spoilers to your controller. Spoilers, not speed brakes. They work great.

I find it almost humorous that in the camera view from the pilot's eye position the red switch on the left side of the yoke is not visible, but from the camera view from the center of the cockpit, to the right of the pilot's position, over the console, the switch is barely visible. Enough to click. It's based on the "out of the box" vertical eyepoint position, but still makes me chuckle.

image.png.07c8201c88f4140abc6f730d67f3b24f.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

24 minutes ago, raymar said:

Mine are also working great. Bound to the red button on the left of my logitech yoke(where the actual button is on the M20).As raymar said, bind to spoiler toggle.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

43 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I find it almost humorous that in the camera view from the pilot's eye position the red switch on the left side of the yoke is not visible, but from the camera view from the center of the cockpit, to the right of the pilot's position, over the console, the switch is barely visible. Enough to click. It's based on the "out of the box" vertical eyepoint position, but still makes me chuckle.

image.png.07c8201c88f4140abc6f730d67f3b24f.png

That left hand yoke with all the buttons was added to the Ovation by the Silver Crown King KFC-150 Flight Control system and Mooney had the first plane with speed brakes (/Spoilers) so the only space available was to stick the extra button on the side of the yoke head. It works a lot better in the real one.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The only problem with getting the spoilers/speedbrakes working is sitting there on the ramp for 20 minutes just looking at the wing and watching them extend and retract with the cool scissor motion that they have.  It's kinda mesmerizing, at least for us folks who don't get out much. 

• Like 4

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Useful things.. actually gives you the ability to land at a reasonable speed rather than screaming down the runway and skidding to a halt sideways as if you were driving a racing sim 🙂

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Turns out I did have the spoiler toggle mapped correctly but doubling up this command with spoiler 0-100% axis as well resulted in them not working unless the axis was set at 100% when the button was activated. Sorted now.