Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Proof that FSX can perform with correct hardware.

Guest chinga

Hi..just wanted to show that FSX can look good and run very well on new hardware. I'm by no means bragging...just wanted to show the nay-sayers it's possible. I am very pleased with my FSX purchase.Settings:FRAMERATE UNLIMITED(i have found that this is a must with good hardware..after much testing..i found locking the frame rate was hurting performance especially the way the terrain was drawn)RESOLUTION 1440 X 900 X 32GLOBAL TEXTURE RESOLUTION:VERY HIGHLEVEL OF DETAIL RADIUS:LARGEMESH COMPLEXITY:100MESH RESOLUTION:10M (i am running justin's 9.6 m North American terrain)TEXTURE RESOLUTION:1MWATER EFFECTS:MID 2XSCENERY COMPLEXITY:EXTREMELY DENSEAUTOGEN DENSITY: DENSEAIRLINE TRAFFIC: 35%GA TRAFFIC: 35%AIRPORT VEHICLE DENSITY: VERY HIGHROAD VEHICLES: 51%BOATS: 10% I have no tweaks installed other than changing 2 lines in the fsx.cfgTEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=275Fiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.70ksea1.jpgksea2.jpgCore 2 duo 6700 @ 3.5 ghzAbit AW9D-Max MBGeforce 7950 gt2 gigs Corsair pc2-85002 75 gig WD Raptors Raid 0

"I'm by no means bragging...just wanted to show the nay-sayers"Nay-sayers?Hmmmmm... So you have a hot shot PC and Overclocked at that and you have managed to run the default FSX. So? Been there...done that.You must be in another world.. The world without Ultimate Traffic, Fly Tampas, flight sceneries, Aerosofts and PMDGs. Not in a world that looks at MS Fsim as a canvass where addon vendors do their magic but a in world of mediocrity. ;)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest chinga

My point was to show that FSX can run good out of the box. Seems alot of people are having problems doing just that. I guess i'm just saying that your not gonna get 30-40 fps at KSEA without good modern hardware. As stated many times by Aces..the game was not designed to run "balls out" on today's average hardware. That's what alot of people are trying to do..and getting very frustrated doing it.

I have not done one tweak with FSX, except for sliders. I'm having a blast with FSX, considering my main interest in flight simming is topography mesh. The high res textures of FSX make it tough for me, to use FS9 anymore. But that's my personal story, and certainly doesn't fit everyone's use of a flight sim. L.Adamson

I didn't intend to change this to a negative thread. I am happy to tweak and use as is. Knowing not a lot about programming I was just wondering if it is even possible for the sophisicated add ons to make use of the other core and hence balance the workload a bit.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Guest babua

One of these days they'll make a cray for XP OS and then even I can show great frame rates.You have a good system but please get the perspective right. Nobody ever said that under certain instances you dont get good FRs. The point is on full cockpit view bank on KSEA with the same traffic setting and show me some FR snapshots!!With every $ spend on one core you are loosing equivalent $ on another core sitting idle and no...no add on maker can ever use that core!!Ultimately one day we'll get a PC which will run FSX at 30 fps everywhere stutterless but on that day contemprorary software of the same genre will run at 100 fps on the same machine! That is the reason for unhappiness!!

Guest FxF3

Looks good FSX can do well on a lot of computers. Just use common sense and the sliders. Looks like your computer is doing very well with FSX.

>"I'm by no means bragging...just wanted to show the>nay-sayers">>Nay-sayers?>>Hmmmmm... So you have a hot shot PC and Overclocked at that>and you have managed to run the default FSX. So? Been>there...done that.>>You must be in another world.. The world without Ultimate>Traffic, Fly Tampas, flight sceneries, Aerosofts and PMDGs.>Not in a world that looks at MS Fsim as a canvass where addon>vendors do their magic but a in world of mediocrity. ;)>>Manny> I looked at FS9 as a canvas because I had no choice since there were things missing that I wanted and some 3rd party guys delivered. It was the "painting" of this canvas that lead to performance issues in FS9.Personally I want the best default experience I can get. It will save me money , help on performance and keep me from worrying about compatibility for future versions.Hopefully one day we won't have the "need" to add 3rd party addons.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

>>"Hopefully one day we won't have the "need" to add 3rd party addons.">>There are two groups of people in the fsim world. Thats for sure.ACES focuses on the 14,000+ airports and thousands and thousands of cities. Their priorities are how to build the entire Flight sim. I look towards the ACES team to do things like what they did with the water for instance. I prefer the ACES do that than get addons for such things. But I cannot expect them to do detailed airports since there are just too many of them.Obviously, there are people like you, who may not care for Flight Scenerie's Portland scenery or Fly Tampa's Seattle and Aerosofts Frankfurt Maine airport, Ultimate Traffic AIs etc. or hoping that the default fsim would one day provide for this.... and the addon vendors would not have the competative advantage of focusing on a single airport rather than 14,000. (They are not actually competitors) But there is another group of flight simmers...that do expect these from addon vendors and do look at flight sim as a canvass. And this group knows, the day we won't have the "need" to add 3rd party addons will never come. Thats expecting the impossibility.And if the ACES team does not accomodate this group.. Then to that degree they will lose this group...as we have seen here. But then the ACES team is not abandoning this group. They seem to have responded positively to them. They do not call this group the naysayers and whiners. They are going back to the drawing board. This is the group...that has helped carry the flight sim all this time.MannyEdited to Add: It would be good to have a Poll here to see..how many from each of this group haunts the AVSIM forum.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

forget frame rates. Look at those shots! Awesome! I need a new system and FSX

I would hope you are getting good FPS with that E6700 humming along at 3.5Ghz!!! (and a 7950GT to boot!)

Guest FxF3

You may want to change thisFiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.70To thisFiber_Frame_Time_Fraction=0.33You are using a lot of your cpu that can be used for other areas

this is a very irrelevant post, 1% of us can afford the system you got and you come on here saying that FS can run at 50+ fps on a system most of us can't afford.Doesnt make sense.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram