Sign in to follow this  
remilton

Proof that FSX can perform with correct hardware.

Even if you could compare the numbers it would mean that FS-X is just as 'advanced' as FS-2004. The market around us has changed. People don't want to buy games now and run them on hardware they get 2-3 years from now. As long as the FS franchise keeps building for hardware available 3 years from now they will have problems.Basicly FS-X is designed to run on 6 Ghz singlecores that will never come. They totally did not see multi cores coming and with it there goes the build for future hardware idea out of the window.They admit that they can't predict the hardware in 3 years time yet they pretent to design the program for it. FS will always be mall adjusted to the hardware because they insist on assuming not the hardware 2 years from the start of the project (ie at the release date). No they make an even wilder guess at what hardware there will be 5 years after their design choices and they trust their choices to be right so its okay for the software not to run efficently no the new wunder hardware will solve the problem. "Look ma! no need to optimise!"...Writing somthing that runs great on current hardware is much harder to do then using the 'build for the future' excuse. I hope that for once Aces wil get the order to build something that runs on current hardware or maybe the X-box 360. Having a great running FS-X on current mainstream hardware would do wonders for the hobby.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

I too would like to know who the "nay-sayers" are who doubted you couldn't run DEFAULT FSX with the fastest system out there. Not everyone has or wants to spend over 4,000 dollars for a new system when some of us upgraded a year and a half ago. I built my own PC and will wait to build another one sometime next year.Just throw a PMDG airplane, flytampa scenery (even though flytampa and others are saying they probably wont be able to design scenery for FSX because of some issues the developers refused to address), 100% traffic, and then see what tune you're singing. You too will be a nay-sayer

Guest Water Mango

Go to Amazon and read the various reviews of Flight Simulator versions from the past. Compare that to what users are currently saying about FSX on Amazon and you'll get a good idea of where this sim stand comparatively...

Guest Water Mango

"I hope that for once Aces wil get the order to build something that runs on current hardware"Aces already did this when they released FS2k2. That was the best running sim out the box we ever saw for the Flight Simulator franchise...Ooh yea, Please don't mention 'XBOX' and 'Flight Simulator' in the same sentence again...

FS-X light for X-Box 360 would be a great oppertunity to give us FS-X with missions in a small area of the world with great FPS without any tweaks. It would be the best oppertunity we have to get more people interrested into flightsimming.I will keep putting X-Box and Flight Simulator into one sentence until they make FS-X 360. Did you never notice that many in the Aces team use an X-Box controller in their demo's? They are obviously not as hardcore as you like to think.A small team with a tight budget would have to rewrite the current FS-X for X-Box 360. That way rewriting for DX10 hardware and unifide shaders will still give a return of investment. Making a patch for a game already sold is just throwing money out of the window.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

boshar,Other than the xbox 360 comment, I agree with you one hundred percent. Well put......As I have said in a previous post, give me the 1m texture resolutions and the improved flight model from FSX into FS9 and I would be one happy camper......Glenn

Perhaps I don't WANT a PMDG airplane! There's more than one fish in the sea. Tell PMDG to fix their frame hog....it was a hog in FS9 too.

>Perhaps I don't WANT a PMDG airplane! There's more than one>fish in the sea. Tell PMDG to fix their frame hog....it was a>hog in FS9 too.>> hey, thats your loss, I get the same frames in the PMDG as I do the Level-D and other high end airplanes.

Just because you "see people buying X" doesn't mean the majority can afford it.

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Basicly FS-X is designed to run on 6 Ghz singlecores that will>never come. They totally did not see multi cores coming and>with it there goes the build for future hardware idea out of>the window.>>They admit that they can't predict the hardware in 3 years>time yet they pretent to design the program for it.From posts I have seen so far, some headroom is needed for Traffic addons and complex aircraft even for people with bleeding edge systems. I think boshar has a good point, how are we supposed to get there now without full multi-core support?Perhaps another way of looking at it, although it's nothing but a 'speculation' type of outlook, is that there's no telling what the future technology may bring to the table. Perhaps, to date just vaporware, AMD and Intel's Reverse-Hyperthreading and Core Multiplexing(respectively) will become a reality. It will probably need to be a well implemented alternative to programmed-in multi-core support to be a savior, but it is possible that this or something else in the future may come to the rescue. Perhaps some incredible discovery will be made in the not too distant future that will allow the MHz race to begin anew.Whatever the case I think boshar has a good point.Jim

Guest FxF3

The joy that is FSX. I love it myself why cant one person post his great results without on his new machine without you guys that dont like FSX going after him. I enjoyed his post also liked his screens.Seems like some of you just need new computers or stay with FS9 and your addons. Now can we get back to enjoying our FSX and those that want some else can enjoy theirs.

>why cant one person>post his great results without on his new machine without you>guys that dont like FSX going after him. when said person uses phrases like "nay-sayers" and states the obvious that his hardware costing many thousands of dollars is able to run default FSX with framerates in the 30s

>Enjoy it.....I'm movin' on!> :-lolmoving on to what? there is no other high end addon, especially not for FSX