Sign in to follow this  
Hari

Can one change color of default Sim aircraft from yellow?

Sometimes, It is hard for me to spot the little yellow default sim aircraft on the moving maps. especially over fall colored terrain. Is it possible for the user to select the color( like Navy blue as an example) for his aircraft? OR change the size to slightly bigger so that it stands out more?

Are default aircraft color and size, user selectable in options?

Best Regards

Hari

Alex,

Thank you for the quick reply. Sorry to be a nuisance but I think LilNavMaps  is a wonderful, brilliant tool. .As I have never dealt with .svg files before, Another newbie question if you don't mind please sir, 

Which one is  actually the one for the default sim aircraft?  and can I open it with an XML editor?

OR is there a tutorial on avsim /youtube that shows how to do this?

Best regards

hari

There are several user aircraft. Depends on type (Jet, GA, Helicopter, etc.) and on-ground status. These are

aircraft_helicopter_ground_user.svg
aircraft_helicopter_user.svg
aircraft_jet_ground_user.svg
aircraft_jet_user.svg
aircraft_small_ground_user.svg
aircraft_small_user.svg

You can use https://inkscape.org/ to edit the files. Simply change the fill color and replace/overload all files above with this one. No need to dig into the XML.

Alex

Thank you Alex !!

That Worked. I was able to change the Aircraft color from Yellow to Navy

Best Regards

hari

This topic is 2 years old but it is relevant to me now. 

In the Little NavMap folder is a file “customize” In there is a file “aircraft-icons.zip” I extracted this and found “aircraft_jet_user.svg” and “aircraft_jet_ground_user.svg”. I loaded these into my editor and changed the color to a shade of blue. I then restarted Little NavMap to see if there was any change, but no, it’s still yellow. Am I close to doing this or way off? Help please.

I later realized that my editor, Corel PaintShop did not save the files as svg. It saved them as jpg. So I downloaded the InkScape program. I have not tried it yet but once I do and if I manage to get the files modified and saved as svg, what do I do with them then. Do I need to re-zip all the extracted files back to aircraft-icons.zip or what. 

Hopefully Hari or albar965 is still around and can help me with this.

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.

I'm certainly still around.🙃

No need to pack the file back into the Zip. The zip contains only the stock icons for modification.

Save the modified SVG using the same name “aircraft_jet_user.svg” into the folder C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ABarthel .
Restart LNM and you should see the blue aircraft.

You need an editor for vector graphics and not for "normal" images like JPG or PNG. Inkscape is a bit complicated to use, but it should work.
You can also try LibreOffice Draw.

Alex

albar965, Thanks for getting back to me so quick. I got it working. What I was missing was copying those files to the ABarthel folder.

Thank you.

• Like 1

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC Ultra GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1T PCIe NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S., Altec Surround Sound System.