Sign in to follow this  
sholay

What are most realistic default airplanes?

Well.

I wonder if anyone has INFORMED opinion on which planes are worth a try from default library? I am not talking obviously about these already modded.

Any thoughts?

&

ugcx_banner.png

I like the art deco looks of the Diamond DA62 and the interiors of the King Air. Both fly nicely too!

3cDBgfh.jpg

kGGpaOS.jpg

M5jHtcn.jpg

CAqRJg5.jpg

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The C152 after the realism mod, then probaby the G36 with its realism mod.

• Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

9 hours ago, ckyliu said:

The C152 after the realism mod, then probaby the G36 with its realism mod.

The modded C152 does seem a little more like the real thing.  Not sure exactly what they changed

My personal impression is the standard one is too sensitive to approach speed, is over prone to floating and possibly has too much elevator authority close to stall as it lifts the nose too much on back stick.

I base this on both personal observation and the fact that the default Cessna is a high wing aircraft spawning with two people on board and half a load of fuel, logically it should be pretty docile after flare.

Though to be fair my total real life hours in 150/152s is less than 10, Someone that actually owns one might pop in here and tell me I am totally deluded and the default 152 is fine 😄

• Upvote 1

As the real world owner of a baron, and formerly a bonanza, definitely not the baron. The two most frustrating things I’ve encountered so far is over performance and how much the planes float before settling. 

I’ll have to try the g36 realism mod though, that sounds promising. 

I'd say the airliners, because I suspect most of them in FS2020 are grounded at the gates right now due to all the bugs and weird flight models. So in a way having them on the ground simulates the pandemic in a very realistic way... 

// Odd Perspectives 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Eddrik84 said:

I will say the C152 and the C172.

I agree. I flew both in real life, the 152 more than the 172, and they both act very realistically. Except... the flaps may induce too much drag. With the C172 in real life, I used to takeoff with 1 notch, rotate at 60-65 kts and climb at 65-70. In FS it is hard to do and even when climbing at 500 ft/min, the airspeed hardly maintains at 60. With flaps up it becomes much better, very realistic. Also realistic in approach and landing. 

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

As the real world owner of a baron, and formerly a bonanza, definitely not the baron. The two most frustrating things I’ve encountered so far is over performance and how much the planes float before settling. 

Have you tried to pull an engine on yourself?Prop doesn't feather and if you pull an engine on take off the plane just tracks straight down the runway asymmetric thrust has no effect on the ground handling. Same thing during taxi,no effect.

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

4 hours ago, Ajb376 said:

If you use to own a Bonanza, you will probably say the Bonanza in MSFS is not very realistic. I never flew it for real but I think it is very underpowered in the sim. As a comparison, I used to fly the Carenado model in FSX and it was looking OK, but here is looks like heavy and slow... I didn't try the realsim mod though.

What do you think?

The drone is the one and only realistic aircraft in this sim. Hoping that will change but until then, that’s what I will fly.  🙂

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor