Sign in to follow this  
177B

Console opens with MSFS

All of a sudden a Console window has started opening along with the MSFS main window. And if I close it MSFS quits as well.

Everything "works/does not work" as "normal", as long as I leave the empty Console window open.

Has anyone else had this happen?

It just started this morning.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 hours ago, 177B said:

All of a sudden a Console window has started opening along with the MSFS main window. And if I close it MSFS quits as well.

By "console window", do you mean a Windows terminal, or the developer mode console within the game?

Also, are you using a fast-start shortcut of some sort?

3 hours ago, 177B said:

Everything "works/does not work" as "normal", as long as I leave the empty Console window open.

Has anyone else had this happen?

It just started this morning.

I'm pretty sure you have a program or something in the command line for the console to be opening up. Never had that problem since the alpha 

2 hours ago, devgrp said:

I'm pretty sure you have a program or something in the command line for the console to be opening up. Never had that problem since the alpha 

I have not changed anything.

Since yesterday, no new installs or updates.

I will see if it happens again tonight...

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

On 9/21/2020 at 6:58 PM, 177B said:

I have not changed anything.

Since yesterday, no new installs or updates.

I will see if it happens again tonight...

Did you ever find a fix for this?