Sign in to follow this  
AFL581

FSDT live update error

Hi guys,

I am having an issue with my Live Update.

Live-update-error.jpg

Would anyone have an idea about how to fix it or where it is coming from ?

Thanks a lot !
modify_inline.gif
P.S. I havbe posted this on the FSDT forum a few days ago but have not had any answer yet.

I see your post over at FSDT's and there are replies but nothing that I guess has worked for you.  Have you checked what Umberto suggested?  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes of course, I have tried everything I could before posting on the forum ... I just ran out of options and apparently I am not the only one having the issue.

TBH, I am a little shocked by how little support they give you while you own their entire product library ...

I remove the antivirus completely and turn off all the windows protection and still have the same issue.

What is weird is that this appeared after installing Basel ... Before that I have never had an issue.

It would be best if you keep posting on the FSDT forum and NOT here, because by keep posting here, you are unnecessarily slowing down support for you and everybody else, since I have to post here AND on the FSDT forum, to prevent you from spreading such nonsense about the supposed "lack of support", which usually happen when somebody with a problem post it on the weekend, and we always get the usual complain on Monday of FSDT supposed "lack of support", because we don't ALWAYS work on weekends ( do you always do ? ) so, please, stop that.

Yes, you are not the "only" one, there are like a couple of other users out of several thousands that run the Live Update every DAY ( we obviously have web stats AND bandwidth bills to verify that ) so, excuse me if we don't understand YET what the problem might be with your system, which effects just a couple of other users too.

Again, post this only on the FSDT forum.

Dear Umberto,

Excuse me, but where is the issue ?

You and I are in Europe, which, as far as I know allows free speech and I am just looking to solve an issue that maybe I am not the only to have.
Who on earth do you think you are for telling me not to write here ?

I never said that there was lack of support, I said that for such a big player in the sim world, just having the forum for support and not a direck ticket system for paying customer is a surprise , once again I am not saying you are bad or do not provide support, I am just giving my opinion, which I am allowed to give.

I really like and support your company by buying ALL of your products and NEVER had an issue in more than 12 years of ownership which is great and I did always provide positive feedbacks when it was due !

Being a grown up is being able to take criticism and not go on a forum telling someone to " stop speaking " because you disagree, and please read back , I never said virtuali or FSDT did not provide support !

Have a nice day !

Edited by AFL581

Free speech doesn't have anything to do with what I wrote. It's a PRACTICAL reason, because in order to not leave your post unanswered here, you are just doubling my support effort.

And, is not true you only have the forum to contact us. You can always use EMAIL, which is listed in the "Contac Us" page of our website.

11 minutes ago, AFL581 said:

I never said virtuali or FSDT did not provide support !

Yes, you have:

TBH, I am a little shocked by how little support they give you while you own their entire product library ...

And besides, a user found my last suggestion to be working:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24202.msg160899.html#msg160899

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

Dear Umberto,

As you suggested , let's :

1: Move back to FSDT forums
2: Stop the argument, we both have better things to do, like for exemple solve this issue that unfortunately I am not the only one having.
3: Yes I said " little"  which is not ZERO and never implied such a thing ... again  I do understand you have thousands of issues to solve , but sometimes a customer can expect a little friendlier experience, please do not take it personally because it is not.

Thank you

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, AFL581 said:

Dear Umberto,

As you suggested , let's :

1: Move back to FSDT forums

Ok, since you’ve agreed to take it to their forum for further resolution and to make it easier for both parties, I’m locking this one.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator