Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

30th September Developer Q&A: Post Your Questions

The next Developer Q&A stream on Twitch will take place on 30th September, and you can now post your questions over at the official forums so they can be considered for inclusion.

You can post the questions in this forum: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/community/developer-q-a-questions/172

The rules have been posted in here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-read-developer-q-a-post-your-questions/272259

• Like 13

Awesome! Posted my question.

I hope the community manager manages to ask all the important questions and tries to get some real info from the devs rather than just nodding along and skimming through a fraction of the questions in one hour, twitch streaming style. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Another Longitude post from me.  Hope they accept it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I would like to know if Asobo/Microsoft is talking to the Garmin company at all...

Have added it to the G1000 topic.. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

Here is my question and expanded explanatory topic comment:

Would you consider producing some tutorial videos or perhaps interactive tutorials for Developer Mode?

Seems to me that the ones best equipped to make tutorials, would be the people who actually made the sim. At the moment, it's kind of been left to individual people to produce youtube videos largely out of the goodness of their heart, from what they've been able to figure out from the SDK.

I think this is an opportunity missed; Developer Mode is such a powerful feature, which could make many users feel more inclusive and invested in the product, that I think it could only be a good thing to make it easier to get to grips with for the entire user base. It can only serve to make the product better, which in turn would make it more appealing to additional customers, so I don't think it would be a wasted effort to put some work into this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I asked about their plans to improve DEM/mesh. The reason I’m interested in this topic is that mountains often don’t look that good in the sim, some aren‘t even recognizable at all due to poor mesh resolution (eg the Dolomites). In last week‘s Threshold interview Neumann already briefly talked about this, so I assume they do have plans. I‘d like to know where and when we can expect improvements to the DEM.

If you‘re curious about this as well, here‘s the link to upvote:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/will-dem-mesh-be-improved/281144

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Can I ask them what they are smoking? I want some of it. 🙂

• Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Thanks for HU. I've posted my question regarding graphic settings profiles and made some up votes.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Guess what I have been asking. 😄

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

15 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

I hope the community manager manages to ask all the important questions and tries to get some real info from the devs rather than just nodding along and skimming through a fraction of the questions in one hour, twitch streaming style. 

Yup absolutely. Whilst I wouldn't wish it to be like some kind of appalling Guantanamo interrogation experience for them, neither would I want it to be, as is so often the case with such things, an hour of some inoffensive nobody blowing sunshine up their collective wazoo with fluffy loaded questions along the lines of: 'So, can you tell us more about some of the awesome things you guys have been doing?'.

Whenever I see a Q&A like that, I switch off because I know it'll be a pointless waste of an hour of my life which I'd never get back. 🤣

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

As most of the other pressing questions have been asked already (and I upvoted), I decided to ask about implementing an avatar mode like in P3D for aircraft walk arounds and exploring scenery in a way other than by using the drone. 

12 hours ago, Chock said:

Here is my question and expanded explanatory topic comment:

Would you consider producing some tutorial videos or perhaps interactive tutorials for Developer Mode?

Seems to me that the ones best equipped to make tutorials, would be the people who actually made the sim. At the moment, it's kind of been left to individual people to produce youtube videos largely out of the goodness of their heart, from what they've been able to figure out from the SDK.

I think this is an opportunity missed; Developer Mode is such a powerful feature, which could make many users feel more inclusive and invested in the product, that I think it could only be a good thing to make it easier to get to grips with for the entire user base. It can only serve to make the product better, which in turn would make it more appealing to additional customers, so I don't think it would be a wasted effort to put some work into this.

I think this is down to the completion of the SDK, as there are many parts in the SDK docs with `TODO` (for example the light section). But overall, the Developer Mode design is kinda easy and is honestly, is one of the best things that I like about MSFS whereby you don't need any additional software to develop your sceneries or planes, very neat indeed.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super