Sign in to follow this  
AlaskanFlyboy

Does any feel the same as I do?

Guest tejksed

I feel that I am tweaking FSX more than playing the sim. I just want to boot up the sim and start to play. I have yet to complete a flight due to my sim stutters. I think my computer would be decent enough to play. I have turn turn down most of my sliders to medium or lower to get 20fps.I really do no know what to do.I think FSX has great potential, but I really can not see myslelf playing untill I get a new computer. Which I can not afford.Thanks,tejksed

> I have turn turn down most of my sliders to medium or lower to get>20fps.>>I really do no know what to do.You just answered your own question.. ;)BeachAV8R

Guest FxF3

On your system just turn of your 2nd autogen anything above 3500ft will look great try it.:)

Guest JTEK99

What's the difference? Most people did the same with FS9 as well. Tweak, install addon, tweak, install moreaddons, tweak, tweak some more, fly a bit, tweak, re-tweak, cross-tweak, take a screenie, and then tweak again.History repeats itself and few flightsimmers have the foggiest idea.

I noticed a big difference in FSX in going from 1gb of ram to 2 gb of ram. That might help a lot.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

>On your system just turn of your 2nd autogen anything above>3500ft will look great try it.:) What do you mean by '2nd autogen'?

Guest OneTinSoldier

I beleive he means the Autogen density slider.First one(slider) is 'Scenery Complexity', second one 'Autogen density'.That's how I take his meaning anyway.Cheers,Jim

I have to agree, 2 GB of ram would do wonders for you. It isn't a miracle cure by any means, but it would greatly reduce your stutters.

Guest DirtyHarry3033

Yep, "cool" cooling solution. And I thought I was high-tech with Danger Den watercooling on CPU and both GPU's, 2 rads and 3 120mm case fans ;) His solution was no doubt a lot cheaper!tejksed, if you can find the money, a better system will make a world of difference. If you can't, don't get obsessed with fps. I'm finding that low fps in FSX aren't the same as low fps in FS9 or other sims.My settings are:Graphics:Full Screen Resolution: 1600x1200x32Filtering: BilinearAnti-aliasing: Off (16x SLI on drivers)Global Texture Resolution: Very HighLens Flare: CheckedLight Bloom: UncheckedAdvanced Animations: CheckedScenery:Level of detail radius: LargeMesh Complexity: 100Mesh Resolution: 5mTexture Resolution: 2mWater Effects: Low 2.xLand Detail Textures: CheckedScenery Complexity: Extremely DenseAutogen Density: DenseGround Scenery Shadows: UncheckedSpecial Effects Detail: HighWeather:Cloud Draw Distance: 110 milesThermal Visualization: NoneDetailed Clouds: CheckedCloud Coverage Density: MaximumTraffic:Airline Traffic Density: 100%GA Traffic Density: 100%Airport Vehicle Density: MaximumThe only tweak I've got right now is setting fiber_frames to .25. Did a flight from O46 to KLMT in DreamFleet C177 RG, I never dropped under 14fps the whole way despite running into some pretty heavy weather about 30mi from KLMT. Average was maybe 16fps during the flight. And it was extremely playable.My points are:A) If you want better graphics, better hardware will make a world of difference. I'm not 100% maxed but I'm pretty close.:( Don't worry about how "big" your fps are! The 14 - 18 fps I'm getting in FSX plays a LOT better than 20 - 25 fps in FS9.

Don't lose heart. As with FS9, The maxed out settings were designed to work with future top of the line computers anticipated within the next year or two. It's why they bothered to but the sliders in there in the first place.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

>What's the difference? Most people did the same with FS9 as>well. Tweak, install addon, tweak, install moreaddons, tweak,>tweak some more, fly a bit, tweak, re-tweak, cross-tweak, take>a screenie, and then tweak again.>>History repeats itself and few flightsimmers have the foggiest>idea.Yes, isn't it depressing?Here we purchase an expensive game and we can't run it as it's supposed to be run and the biggest laugh is.................The hardware to run it good isn't available!!!!!!!!!!!When are they going to produce a sim that everyone will get pleasure from using out of the box?To top it all, the knowledgable amongst us, actually PUT IT RIGHT with tweaks all for nothing.MS are laughing at us all the way to the bank

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Don't lose heart. As with FS9, The maxed out settings were>designed to work with future top of the line computers>anticipated within the next year or two. It's why they>bothered to but the sliders in there in the first place.>Hahahahahaha, you have made my day. What a joke and the laugh is on us!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest iwantmydc3

>Here we purchase an expensive game and we can't run it as it's>supposed to be run and the biggest laugh is.................>The hardware to run it good isn't available!!!!!!!!!!!Uh-my hardware runs it fine-the only thing I have to do, (for some reason) is dial down the other traffic-other air traffic is at 50%, all the ground and sea and all that set to about 10%. Everything else is all the way to the right. Frame rates: I do not count frame rates-all I'm concerned with is does it look like its flying smoothly. Do I get a good ground roll-sensation of increasing speed up to V1, then once in the air, is the aircraft moving smoothly along? If you're in a GA aircraft and look out the window, does it "look right" as far as how you'd be moving in a real plane? I dont know what my "Frame rate" is and I don't care; everything seems pretty smooth (EXCEPT for some reason, for Las Vegas area). So I don't know, I guess maybe my "Frame Rate" is around 20 most of the time.My advice to everyone is-don't settle for how the program sets itself up, tinker with the sliders a bit, see if you can get it a little better. Find that "trade off point" or "sweet spot" or whatever that's right for you. DONT obsess about "Frame Rates" at least, not what the number is. My system is new, but not that extreme:(Dell XPS 410)Intel Core Duo (2.13GHZ 1.67GHZ FSB)2GB DDR RAM (667MHZ)NVIDIA 7900GTX 512MB RAM500GB SATAII HDDDell Ultra Sharp 20in.Digital Monitor (1600x1200)Regards to all

Guest iwantmydc3

>I feel that I am tweaking FSX more than playing the sim. I>just want to boot up the sim and start to play. I have yet to>complete a flight due to my sim stutters. >I think my computer would be decent enough to play. I have>turn turn down most of my sliders to medium or lower to get>20fps.>>I really do no know what to do.>>I think FSX has great potential, but I really can not see>myslelf playing untill I get a new computer. Which I can not>afford.>>>Thanks,>tejksedHi TejksedFrom how you listed your system the 2 things you could do without bying a new machine are (1) Increase your RAM From 1GB to 2GB. (2) Same with video: double it to 512. Depending on the card you get, this can make quite an improvement for a modest cost (and this will make your machine run other programs better too) Good luck :)